Auger only turns in test mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

judgenotme

Nov 8, 2017
Spencer, New York
I have a 10 year old Harman Accentra FS pellet stove. Periodically it stops feeding pellets. Sometimes it starts up, sometimes not because the auger does not feed.

When I turn it in test mode, it feeds fine and sometimes it solves the problem. Sometimes not. I never get any error lights.

What’s next?

Sounds like a cleaning issue. Clean vent and stove

I have a 10 year old Harman Accentra FS pellet stove. Periodically it stops feeding pellets. Sometimes it starts up, sometimes not because the auger does not feed.

When I turn it in test mode, it feeds fine and sometimes it solves the problem. Sometimes not. I never get any error lights.

What’s next?

I am having the same issue with my Accentra FS...did you ever find out what going on?