Back burn plate falling on Jotel F400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

manjohn

Dec 7, 2016
Concord, MA
Had my 2 year old stove cleaned this summer. The guy took out the upper plate (baffle plate?) and the rear burn plate, then reassembled the stove.

So far this fall , I've had multiple instances where the rear burn plate (the one that covers the fire bricks) falls on to the coals. I've tried forcing it back in place, but it does not seem to go in all the way.

What is the procedure for securing this plate?

Thanks.

You need to unhook the baffle, raise it in the back slightly, lift the rear plate up and onto its resting place. Make sure to remove all the ashes from the channel in the back where the panel sits. It's kinda tricky, but you'll know when it's seated correctly.

Reactions: begreen
Status
Not open for further replies.