Billboard material for tarps (question)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
I've seen used billboard material mentioned here for covering stacks. I have the opportunity to get some.

Question:

What 'weight' do I want? They come light weight (with a silver back) or super heavy weight (with black or white back).

Which do I want? What have you used?

The heavy weight ones are more rubbery, seem to last longer but weigh about 5 times more.

Shari, there was a thread a couple years ago about this so you might try a search. I came close to buying some but it was just too far to go for it but had I been going that way the price was very low. I believe in that other thread there were a few people who bought some and was very satisfied. Please let us know if you get some how it is.

Backwoods: I did a search but didn't come up with much other than some people have used it.

I can get the heaviest weight one in 15' x 60' - 85 pounds each (backs are black) - $99.00 each - 3 for $265. Checking one of the old posts that links to an ebay seller this price is very comparable but I don't have to pay shipping. I think I'll pop for the $99 one. I also picked up some rubber roofing awhile back but I just might have another use for the rubber roofing....

Shari, I doubt that you can go wrong. It will probably last for years and years. After all, it is designed to be out in the weather.

Real estate agent signs work for me. They are made to withstand wind and rain, ideal for outside.

IMG_5111.jpg

They are made of 4mm thick aluminium composite board, they also make good roofing for sheds and chicken houses :)

Shari, if we could get rustynut to post it appears he bought several. Maybe you could PM him.

Thanks, Backwoods. Pm sent.

I am using some of the thin ones. I got them for free. I just called the company and asked for them. They recycle them I was told. I really would not expect them to last but 2 years in the sun. The thick ones should last much longer. I also have some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.