Blaze King Ashford is up and running!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the looks of the Ashford, but will wait until they have some grillework for the window before discussing with the other half. She doesn't like the look of the Rangeley due to the missing Jotul arched grillework.

Nice, love that area, gorgeous!

I'd love to see BK make a soapstone stove.... That would be the shizzle. Seems they are on the right track, making more attractive stoves....
That would be sweet! I have lots of soapstone slabs and tiles around, I use a piece on the stove as a coffee cup warmer.

Last edited:
I like the looks of the Ashford, but will wait until they have some grillework for the window before discussing with the other half. She doesn't like the look of the Rangeley due to the missing Jotul arched grillework.
We were all excited that they came out with the clean face door for the Oslo! When it came in, we all agreed that it looked like something was missing. It's just kinda like their signature, it works!

We were all excited that they came out with the clean face door for the Oslo! When it came in, we all agreed that it looked like something was missing. It's just kinda like their signature, it works!

We took out giant plate glass picture windows for the same reason. Someone installed them on this old farmhouse in the 80's. We replaced them with divided light windows. It looks so much better now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashful
Thanks, Where would I order from?
Do you need one? There isn't really a big benefit. The steel cat fires up quicker but goes out quicker because it doesn't have the mass that the ceramic cat has.
It would neat to compare, but if you don't need one I can't see spending the money.
I believe Chris said that applied ceramics made all their cats. http://www.appliedceramics.com/

Do you need one? There isn't really a big benefit. The steel cat fires up quicker but goes out quicker because it doesn't have the mass that the ceramic cat has.
It would neat to compare, but if you don't need one I can't see spending the money.
I believe Chris said that applied ceramics made all their cats. http://www.appliedceramics.com/
Don't need one now but I like to have a spare on hand, I'll see how your's does before I go ahead and order though, thanks

What does the Ashford weigh in at?

The stove looks nice from what I can see, but its a shame the Blaze King webmaster is not on the same schedule that the engineers and sales department are. I find it baffling that this stove is in service all ready, yet you can't glean any information on it from the manufacturers website. I would like to see the specs and install clearances.

There is a small photo of it on the website, listing it as a "new product". That's it from what I can find.

Yes, I noted that too when trying to find the stove weight. For basic specs look at the Sirocco 30. I think the firebox is identical.

The stove looks nice from what I can see, but its a shame the Blaze King webmaster is not on the same schedule that the engineers and sales department are. I find it baffling that this stove is in service all ready, yet you can't glean any information on it from the manufacturers website. I would like to see the specs and install clearances.

There is a small photo of it on the website, listing it as a "new product". That's it from what I can find.
Keep in mind that I am likely the first person to be burning one. They have a few things to work out in the finish only, the working part is is a proven system. Its better to not say too much before it's a certain thing. I think they just want to make sure that everything is correct before putting it in writing.

485 or in that ball park anyway. Didn't really matter too much to me.

I keep piling them up in the basement. I seriously need to either sell them or open a used stove dealership. Just keep cringing at the thought of humping them out of there.
Free to a needy family willing to move one? I got my first table saw that way, as a poor college student... weighed 1800 lb. with motor removed. I was the only guy willing to move it.

Free to a needy family willing to move one? I got my first table saw that way, as a poor college student... weighed 1800 lb. with motor removed. I was the only guy willing to move it.
Once they make it to the basement, they should be free!

I just can't part with the lil F100. Haven't used it to heat since I had my office down there. But loved the little sucker. Yeah, I guess I am a stove hoarder. ;em

Reactions: webby3650
Once they make it to the basement, they should be free!

They have all heated that basement. Well, except that new 30-NC that was delivered there to do it. :mad:

They have all heated that basement. Well, except that new 30-NC that was delivered there to do it. :mad:
Of course, basement stoves being the exception! If they need hauled out is what I was referring to.

We took out giant plate glass picture windows for the same reason. Someone installed them on this old farmhouse in the 80's. We replaced them with divided light windows. It looks so much better now.
begreen lives in an old farmhouse??? How did I miss this? Pics, please!

We had an interesting visitor today, an 80 year old woman, whose family had our house built and lived here from 1773 - 1922. Her father was the last generation of her family to live in my house.

Reactions: Woody Stover

We had an interesting visitor today, an 80 year old woman, whose family had our house built and lived here from 1773 - 1922. Her father was the last generation of her family to live in my house.
WOW! That must be cool! I love old houses!

Do a little search here. A few years ago he had that whole house lifted up and a new foundation put under it. _g With pics.

Do a little search here. A few years ago he had that whole house lifted up and a new foundation put under it. _g With pics.
Searched! Figured out it happened in 2006, and read some of begreen's threads from that time. Found one on tearing down his old chimney, but no other pics on the lift. Sounds like a fun project to watch... from a distance.

We do a lot of house lifting in the valleys where river flooding has finally gotten bad enough to warrant it. Seems our historical dredging of the rivers for gravel was working, now with fish lovers, the channels are filling and the rivers run wild.

Thanks for finding that. I moved the pics over to there.

And now back to the BK Ashford.

Status
Not open for further replies.