Blaze king disappointment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for not ghosting at least!

Seriously, so many threads end in a wasteland, so thanks for bringing some closure at least.

Speaking of closure, I agree this thread could/should be closed...

Cheers
Well it seems like I've angered some of you out there, namely this ED 3000 fella. We can go ahead and close this thread, unless some of the AOC green new deal people want to chime in about heating your home with wood is bad for the environment unless you use a cat stove.

I did get good advice and it's not the KING's fault, my set up isnt great for a cat stove, it is what it is. No I'm not spending thousands more to properly insulate. No I don't have the ability to keep the wood dry for years, no I can't get enough wood to dry it out years ahead, hell I don't even know if I'll be living here for the 2019 burning season. I did get some good advice from this thread for the next house I buy, that's for sure!

wood is bad for the environment unless you use a cat stove.

Noncats are also much better for the environment than your old, noncertified, dirty burning smoke dragon. My cat stove is dirtier than many noncats but nowhere near as gross as a smoke dragon. Pellet stoves are also pretty clean burning.

Well it seems like I've angered some of you out there, namely this ED 3000 fella. We can go ahead and close this thread, unless some of the AOC green new deal people want to chime in about heating your home with wood is bad for the environment unless you use a cat stove.

I did get good advice and it's not the KING's fault, my set up isnt great for a cat stove, it is what it is. No I'm not spending thousands more to properly insulate. No I don't have the ability to keep the wood dry for years, no I can't get enough wood to dry it out years ahead, hell I don't even know if I'll be living here for the 2019 burning season. I did get some good advice from this thread for the next house I buy, that's for sure!
Most here try to take the big view and are not offended by your decision. This site is not about marketing. Different folks and different homes have different requirements. Take a good look at the Drolet Austral II stove. Its sides are unshielded and radiate a lot of heat. I'll close the thread at your request, but please feel free to come back and report progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.