Blaze King when to worry about overfiring

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I initially thought split size wouldn't matter since the thermostat was reducing air to meet whatever temperature you set it at, but larger splits actually do deliver longer burns in a BK. Could just be that the wood density is higher in the firebox (less airspace, more wood).

Reactions: chemie and Alpine1
I initially thought split size wouldn't matter since the thermostat was reducing air to meet whatever temperature you set it at, but larger splits actually do deliver longer burns in a BK. Could just be that the wood density is higher in the firebox (less airspace, more wood).
Thats funny because in.all my previous stoves i found i got longer burns by packing absolutly full with smaller splits. I will have to experiment with the princess. It should go in this weekend.

Thats funny because in.all my previous stoves i found i got longer burns by packing absolutly full with smaller splits. I will have to experiment with the princess. It should go in this weekend.

Honestly, maximizing burn time is not something you spend a lot of time worrying about a lot when you can easily get 12 hours out of a partial load of pine. :)

Honestly, maximizing burn time is not something you spend a lot of time worrying about a lot when you can easily get 12 hours out of a partial load of pine. :)
I never worried about it to much with the regency either. I could easily get 8 hours of good heat which is all i need