Boot/Mitten/Glove warmer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

menchhofer

Jan 10, 2006
Indiana
Hello

Anyone use a boot or mitten tree or stand to warm kid/ adult gloves, boots etc next to the stove. I am looking to purchase such an item but the kind I have seen seem a bit small. Anyone have any suggestions as to where these can be purchased?

Thanks

It's built in to our stove.

menchhofer said:
Hello

Anyone use a boot or mitten tree or stand to warm kid/ adult gloves, boots etc next to the stove. I am looking to purchase such an item but the kind I have seen seem a bit small. Anyone have any suggestions as to where these can be purchased?

Thanks

Boot/glove warmer/drier

These things are terrific. Soapstone holds the heat for quite some time. I recall even as a child when we had soapstone blocks to help warm the beds because the bedrooms were always cold.

The small ones are good for gloves but the big ones will also work for gloves. The big ones are great for placing inside shoes or boots to dry them from the inside.

Another really great thing about these is that when I go to the woods (in winter) to cut wood, I take along an extra pair of gloves. Those have the warmers inside the gloves and then they are wrapped with some old towels. When my hands get cold or wet, or both, I simply change gloves. It really does feel great to put on a warm pair of gloves when your fingers are about ready to freeze off!

In the house, we do use the big blocks inside boots but most of the gloves we lay under the stove or beside the stove and they dry quite fast. If they are really wet, then we also put the blocks in them.

We just hang or prop up where we can. The floor where the wood is shown is usually full of boots. This shot was just after coming home from a snowmobile ride.

Attachments

• forum.jpg
    forum.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 372
We use the hearthgate just like Soupy. it works out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.