Bush Cord?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smokinjay said:
John the Painter said:
I took a drive buy the guys house today after work and sitting at the end of the driveway is a pile of wood.Smaller rounds split bigger ones unsplit.It's a nice pile (it is stacked neatly) but it is no cord of wood (By that I mean 128 ft ³ ) maybe 3/4 of a cord and thats being gracious.Needles to say I'm not going to buy it for the $100 he's asking.I did ask him if that was the best he'd do before I seen the pile and he told me it was as he thought it was fair because someone told him to ask $150. :eek:hh: Some people :roll:

Well if in your words it is a text book 3/4 cord and a cord in your area goes for 200.00 wouldnt that be 150.00 bucks....Now I am not great at story problems but not sure who the some people are in this story. :lol:

$200 a cord for blocked,split,delivered,seasoned hardwood.But if it's blocked,partially split,green,and I pick it up it's not worth $200. Around here there's alot of people that just aren't educated on what is a fair price for wood. I hope he sells it and makes a few bucks. It just won't be from me.

John the Painter said:
smokinjay said:
John the Painter said:
I took a drive buy the guys house today after work and sitting at the end of the driveway is a pile of wood.Smaller rounds split bigger ones unsplit.It's a nice pile (it is stacked neatly) but it is no cord of wood (By that I mean 128 ft ³ ) maybe 3/4 of a cord and thats being gracious.Needles to say I'm not going to buy it for the $100 he's asking.I did ask him if that was the best he'd do before I seen the pile and he told me it was as he thought it was fair because someone told him to ask $150. :eek:hh: Some people :roll:

Well if in your words it is a text book 3/4 cord and a cord in your area goes for 200.00 wouldnt that be 150.00 bucks....Now I am not great at story problems but not sure who the some people are in this story. :lol:

$200 a cord for blocked,split,delivered,seasoned hardwood.But if it's blocked,partially split,green,and I pick it up it's not worth $200. Around here there's alot of people that just aren't educated on what is a fair price for wood. I hope he sells it and makes a few bucks. It just won't be from me.

Ok, so there is a rub...I was thinking you was walking asway form a 50.00 dollar bill. It was 150.00 a cord around here for years. You would be very lucky if you got 2/3 of that cord. People ask me where to get it all the time around here. I always say from the guy charging the most! lol

i,ll never understand why people around here get so jacked over terminology.locally(eastern ontario),a bush cord was a unit made up to equal 4x4x8 ft and thats from the pulp days,and a face cord round here is simply called a cord.every-one knows what it means and it how things are done thru out much of the north-east.... when i sell lumber overseas,i don t get bent outta shape because they want it in square meters instead of board feet,i learn the local terminology and adapt,or mind my own business.....when in england you order a pint.round here its called a quart,some places its just a big beer......same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.