Buying a Blaze King Tomorrow...help me decide which one

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I see. That's a pretty cool option! We often don't have room for the attic insulation shield but the box won't reach the roof deck either.
Yeah we always have one in the trailer. That and an extension sleeve for the support box. Both are very usefull

Reactions: webby3650
I had mentioned a while back that the parlor was a bit wobbly on legs. It's been a few years since I installed one on legs. I just did one last week and there was absolutely no wobble! BK has made a change in the past few years. Awesome!

Ah fear. Are you not getting a permit with inspection? Hate to tell you but pro installers can make serious mistakes too. The one time I hired out an install, the pro did not respect minimum clearances between the chimney and the rafters. Could have burned my house down and killed us all!

On average, between pro install and permits with inspection, odds are in your favor.
I am batting a big fat zero on chimney pro's, too. Not a one has done work on my house, that hasn't required correction or attention after they're gone. Do your homework.

I did my own install..
Called the fire chief/marshal when I was done to inspect, it was not required, but I did it anyway..
He said it was the most professional install he's ever seen....... Go figure ??

Reactions: Rangerbait
So which one did you buy? ==c

So which one did you buy? ==c

Went with the King Parlor...in the end, Mrs. Rangerbait called an audible as I was headed out the door to the hearth shop. Turns out the price the salesman initially quoted me didn't include the door, and the guy acted like he was as surprised as I was. I hate feeling like I'm getting jobbed by a salesman, and that's exactly how I'm starting to feel about this guy.

In other news, I have another shop coming out on Monday to bid the chimney installation, so it'll be fun to see how their quote compares.

Reactions: huauqui
i would never guess that a door is an optional item on a stove, maybe a fancier version of the door with some trim, but not just the door itself.

Yes, the ashplug can be hard to find if you never use it. Without trying very hard it can take all of 2 seconds to snag it...

Heeeheee.....Faster than it takes to make an unneeded/snarky response, huh? Do you use a stopwatch and try to beat your old time?

I'd rather clean out the entire stove in one bucket than to have to make 6 trips with that little fookin' ash pan. To each their own though, obviously.

Congrats, Rangerbait. I hope your wife is as happy as mine with the Princess(es) we own.

Heeeheee.....Faster than it takes to make an unneeded/snarky response, huh? Do you use a stopwatch and try to beat your old time?

I'd rather clean out the entire stove in one bucket than to have to make 6 trips with that little fookin' ash pan. To each their own though, obviously.

Congrats, Rangerbait. I hope your wife is as happy as mine with the Princess(es) we own.
I just to make sure people that are shopping for a stove know that the BK system works well. It's very important to a lot of people. Some actually choose a stove based on the ashpan option and /or design.

Reactions: Ashful
Congrats on your new stove. Burn it safely. I still prefer the look of the Ashford best though.....

Went with the King Parlor...in the end, Mrs. Rangerbait called an audible as I was headed out the door to the hearth shop. Turns out the price the salesman initially quoted me didn't include the door, and the guy acted like he was as surprised as I was. I hate feeling like I'm getting jobbed by a salesman, and that's exactly how I'm starting to feel about this guy.

In other news, I have another shop coming out on Monday to bid the chimney installation, so it'll be fun to see how their quote compares.

Congrats on the new stove. I have the Princess parlor with satin chrome legs and door. Absolutely love it, I am sure you will too.

Remember to keep us informed and show us the pictures. :)