Can ESW clear this up for me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sydsdad

Hearth Supporter
Oct 1, 2010
eastern Pa
I love this forum and since i bought my stove in october ive read it atleast an hour everyday,Thanks to all the great guys here for all the knowledge. But that being said there has alway been one thing that drives me alittle wacko.I own a 25 PDVC and like alot of guys mess with the bottom three buttons to clean the burn up on lower settings. I would like to know if these adjustments make any difference on the heat range settings 3-9??? Ive read many times someone talking about they run there stove on heat range 4 with the bottom set at whatever but i was always told this makes no difference after the second heat setting.I would love to hear Mike Holten once and for all tell use what the deal is so we all know.Ty for everything RMW

Mike will probably have something to say, but when I asked Englander techs how to adjust those buttons, I basically got told to leave them alone. They were factory set for the best efficiency and anything we try to do could just mess that up.

I recently spoke to ESW. They told me that they are heat setting 1-3 on the pvdc and 1-9 on the EP stoves.

We been all thru this last year and this was a reply from Mike Holten.
“It depends on the model and mfg date , the 2 auger stoves (pdv, pdvc etc…) it only affects the lowest 2 heat ranges , on single auger units such as the cpm , ep , or pah it affects all ranges”

Michael Holton

Customer Service Mgr.

England’s Stove Works Inc.

While that may well be true to some extent ,or what Englander wants us to believe , it certainly leaves me baffled because just last week (after 11 months owning my 25PDVC) I discovered that the LFF (1st button) certainly does have a profound effect on the amount of pellets entering the burn pot on the higher settings.
And if I recall correctly Macman had claimed the first 2 buttons LFF (low feed fuel) LBA (low burn air) do in fact affect all burn settings and consequently I referred him to MH`s reply.
I should probably apologize to Macman for doubting his conclusions but I figured the chief tech from Englander`s would have had to have been right on this.
The settings 1-9 do for the most part regulate the heat output but the LFF also influences the pellet feed rate on the higher settings. And maybe the LBA does too but I don`t have good hearing and can`t tell if the combustion fan is runing faster or not.
Personally I think they should have provided more information in the users manual on these 3 buttons . It would save them a ton of calls.

Gio said:
.....And if I recall correctly Macman had claimed the first 2 buttons LFF (low feed fuel) LBA (low burn air) do in fact affect all burn settings and consequently I referred him to MH`s reply.
I should probably apologize to Macman for doubting his conclusions but I figured the chief tech from Englander`s would have had to have been right on this......

Gio, no apologies needed....this has been an oft-discussed and debated subject.

What I DID say was that, according to Mike H., on the older design stoves (25-PDVC, 25-PDV, etc), the bottom buttons only affect heat settings 1 & 2, and if my memory serves me correctly, later designs, like my 10-cpm and the Evolution (25-EP & 25 EPI) pellet designs, etc, the bottom buttons will affect ALL heat ranges.

Thank you Gio and Imacman i didnt mean to resurect the dead but alot of pdvc owner seem to be confused on this,me included.Im glad to have gentlemen like the two of you to get the answers from...ty RMW

Thank you Gio and Imacman i didnt mean to resurect the dead but alot of pdvc owner seem to be confused on this,me included.Im glad to have gentlemen like the two of you to get the answers from...ty RMW

sydsdad said:
No problem, you haven`t ressurected the dead. These are legitimate questions that most Englander pellet stove users want/need to know. It almost seems their service dept. is begging for a phone call on the subject..
The one thing we are sure of is that 3rd bottom button AOT (air on temp) stays on 1. That`s the setting where the distribution fan (heat blower) comes on at.

Status
Not open for further replies.