Cant let webby have all the fun

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea, but I have more money than I know what to do with. ;lol

Seriously, there's a link to buy directly from the Mfr, but you have to establish an account before you can get into the showroom. Haven't done that. I don't imagine these particular models are exactly dirt cheap.

I bought an RC Chinook and it has trimmed the top out of most of the trees around the yard. <>

Flying from the ground is, well, different.

Had a friend that owned a helicopter up in AK. He took me on some of the most spectacular rides of my life up on top of glaciers, over and around peaks and valleys. Your stomach does do a little flip now and then but it was so worth it.

Had a friend that owned a helicopter up in AK. He took me on some of the most spectacular rides of my life up on top of glaciers, over and around peaks and valleys. Your stomach does do a little flip now and then but it was so worth it.

I bet it was...sounds amazing...!

Have a $20 indoor one from amazon. Love it, easy and simple once you get it and very durable. Has survived multiple rottweiler attacks as well as cat attacks.

In no time I started getting the itch for an upgrade and now I find this thread. Interesting. ...

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Hey guys!! We have been out flying all winter still in spite of the weather. We have heated radio transmitter muffs that run off the car battery to keep warm... My buddy even took a snowblower down to the airfield to clear out our helipad. Good times.

Since last time I did some modifications and rigged up navigation lights ;) this was me yesterday just flying around slow to show off the lights. Up to 5 hours air time on it yet but it still intimidates me to try anything too crazy

My friend/mentor Raja was having a lot of fun with his... landing into the snowbank, imitating a snowblower, doing acrobatic autorotations...

I dont even bother to fly the little electric one anymore.... ::-)

Going, going, gone - sorry I think it is kind of humourous. Hope you can get it fixed.

Lost a blade last night due to a dog encounter. Jammed it back on, slight vibration, flies fine. Definitely on borrowed time for a $20 machine.
When it gets mundane in the house I leave the ceiling fan on and fly around the stove room. Between the fan and the stove it gets a little hairy, throw in a 100# playful pup and I feel like I'm flying a drone through a war zone. :)
20140216_100114.jpg 20140216_100047.jpg

the dark side of expensive toys... Last week the tail gearbox ate itself in flight. When that happens you have to react quick, kill the motor and glide it down for an autorotation landing before it starts spinning out of control.

I coulda saved it but I still havent completely learned emergency autorotation landings and didn't think to turn into the wind and it hit hard with a strong tailwind bouncing causing the main blades to strike the tail boom.

ouch.

2014-04-19 13.18.16.jpg
2014-04-19 13.53.34.jpg

If I just have to have a tail rotor gearbox failure I would sure prefer that it be in an RC.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
If I just have to have a tail rotor gearbox failure I would sure prefer that it be in an RC.
Yeah I dont think Id want to be riding in a real one that lost the tail. Sure they can kill power and autorotate down but that's got to be a wild roller coaster ride when your on the inside.

Little ones are simpler to fix. 3-4 hours work and $100 in parts and we are almost good as new.
2014-04-25 15.41.54.jpg

Little ones are simpler to fix. 3-4 hours work and $100 in parts and we are almost good as new.

...and no next of kin to notify.;)

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
Status
Not open for further replies.