Castle Serenity lcd display flashing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jcrone

Dec 30, 2018
Plattekill, NY
I purchased a Castle Serenity pellet stove 2 months ago and it seemed to be working fine. Three weeks ago while on the temperature control setting the stove seemed to smolder out with a warning to check basket. The basket was full. It doesn't seem to be reigniting. On manual it worked fine, until yesterday. After I hit the power button the screen flashed and the display went blank with a beeping noise. The screen flashed, beeping and seems to pulse the fans in the unit. Nothing was working. I unplugged the unit and also the display, I still had the same result, no menu display, flashing screen and loud beeping. So I unplugged the unit and left it all night. This morning I plugged it in, took three attempts but it started but still no display. If I shut it back down im afraid I won't have anything again. Any advice before I call Ardisam?

You did everything I’d suggest. Sounds like your board took a dump. Call ardisam.

Reactions: Jcrone
Ardisam has great customer service. No waiting, no answering machine. Service rep was very nice and informative. He's sending me out a control head and interface module. Should be here in a couple days. It's gotta be one or the other or both. Not much more that can go bad on this unit. Again great customer service with Ardisam..

Best customer service in the business.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Just installed the new interface module and control head. Worked like a charm. Before they went bad the stove while on "temp" would smolder out. Hasn't done that either. Hopefully that was the problem for all issues.

Reactions: Mt Bob