Century Heating CW2500 Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jjholb99

Nov 16, 2012
I've seen in various reviews and posts that the consensus is that the CW2500's blower is a bit on the loud side, but most are willing to live with it given the price point.

My questions for those that have experience with this particular model:

1) Given the volume of the blower, I would expect the volume of air being moved to be significant. That just does not seem so. Are you satisfied with what you feel coming out of the air vent/passage?

2) Has anyone attempted to retrofit a quieter and stronger blower?

Thank you,

Jim

I find that the noise level at anything under about 3/4 is unobtrusive. At full blast it's a little loud but I usually set it at the lowest setting and it does a good job of getting the heat out. I don't thing these blowers are really meant to move a ton of air... just keep a constant light flow that distributes the heat.

This is all assuming that you're not getting any vibration noise. If that's the case you can remove the cover and make sure everything nice and tight. When I took my fan out to remove the temp switch it rattled a bit when I put it back but it just needed be readjusted a bit. It's been going fine for now for a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.