Chainsaw compression

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Got a new ring/base gasket. Are there any tricks to changing the ring, or is it pretty straightforward? I would imagine they are fragile. Is there a trick to get them over the piston and into the groove? Anything else to consider? Thanks.

Replaced the ring/gasket, and the saw runs great. Starts right up after a few pulls. My question now is do I need to re-adjsut the carburetor? Thanks.

hemlock said:
Replaced the ring/gasket, and the saw runs great. Starts right up after a few pulls. My question now is do I need to re-adjsut the carburetor? Thanks.
I would recommend taking this to a decent saw shop & letting them adjust the carb. I can tell you how, it is possible that it won't get set accurately though because this takes some experience. Around here they wouldn't even charge for this, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.