Cool down is killing me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ugminer

Oct 8, 2020
I currently live in a 1300 sf double wide and have a enviro Maxx. This is my main source of heat. My husband is elderly and wants the temp between 75 and 76. Needless to say by the end of the 45 min cool down the house is closer to 90. Looking at the Harman Allure50 but dont know if this stove would make much diffence. Any ideas?

How in the world if the stove is turned off for cool down to clean
is the temp going up?

I have it hooked up to a thermostat. When it says heat off the stove has fire and fan for approximately 45 min

If the stove says off you will have fan for 30 min.
Pellets should stop feeding and fire die down and go out
Does the stove stop feeding pellets?

What year is your stove ?

What you are seeing is normal on a thermostat.
When the stat has reached its set point the stove drops to low feed for 30 minutes
If there is no heat call in that 30 min's the stove goes into shut down and that will take approx 15 min.
In the fall and spring run the stove manually ON/OFF your home must be tight if there is no heat call in 30 min.
see your manual it tells you how and why

Reactions: Ugminer
Play around with your thermostat until you find a happy medium.. Turn it down a few deg and by the sounds of it it will still make your 75 but just not as fast..

Reactions: johneh