does higher price actually equal higher quality??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering why you don't like cast iron ?

Most just don't suit my taste, that's all. Plus the maintenance thing. I do understand that it is a once in many years thing. If I ever had one, it would be jacketed like the Alderlea.

Most Jotul stoves are low maintenance and basically constructed.

Any additional maintenance I should be doing to my Jotuls other than cleaning them and inspection.

Not really. Mostly it requires a good annual cleaning and making sure the baffle board is in good condition. Inspect and test the gaskets and looks for any cracks. I used to put some graphite on the air control valve slider under the doghouse too.

Not really. Mostly it requires a good annual cleaning and making sure the baffle board is in good condition. Inspect and test the gaskets and looks for any cracks. I used to put some graphite on the air control valve slider under the doghouse too.
Thanks. Good reminder on the baffle board.

Wish that when I bought my stove (Osburn 2200) that I would have spent more money. I also bought it for the large fire viewing area. When it comes to stoves, more money usually means a better build, performing stove. Live and learn.
I dont want to hi-jack the thread. So if you have issues with your 2200, I'll help you with it. Just PM me with your questions and i'll work it out with you.

FYI I burn the 1800 which is the baby brother of the 2200. Our plant manager has burned the 2200 for years and he claims it's his favorite stove.

Reactions: bag of hammers
Status
Not open for further replies.