Drolet tundra Unenclosed basement?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wwells48

Feb 7, 2018
South Carolina
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forums but have been reading a bunch of post about the Drolet Tundra but haven’t seen an answer to my question yet. So here it is not going to bs anybody here I’m just looking for help/answers. I am considering buying a tundra unit however I have an unenclosed basment. Meaning I can see daylight and my duct work under the house. (Self explanatory I know sorry just want to make sure there’s no confusion) anyhow not going to drag this on but is there anyway that I could make a tundra work down there? I am mechanically inclined and a Do it yourselfer but I want to make sure I got a plan before I purschase this thing also what’s the best way to hook it up so it uses the housing duct work.

Thanks, for all the future help!