Midwest (OH, IL, IN, WI, MI, IA) Eastern central ohio

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given your location, Carrollton Farmers Exchange, Carrollton or Waynesburg. Normally stock year round; price thru last fall 215/ton. currently 235/ton (got one today just because). Second option is the Massillon Menards. currently on sale at 222/ton, but guy said he had 3 different brands. He also said he expects to stock small quantities through the summer. Often they stock Somersets.

Would you say somerset < lignetics? Waynesburg is a 4 minute drive and that's where I've been getting them but the list is so long it took 2 months to get some. I just called that place where the old hoot owl use to be to get an 8x10 shed. Im hoping for 4 ton by fall. since waynesburg it 4 minutes from my house thats probably what I'll do

Usually they stock Hamers. In Jan they began to have trouble maintaining stock, so have been using various companies. I've had good luck w/ Hamers Ultras (what they sold last summer/fall), AWFs (what they sold last 4 plus years) and Somersets. Not enough difference to prefer one over the other. Carrollton stores them inside, if that is a concern. Picked up Lignetics last Fri. when I made a feed run. So now I have a ton ea of Ligs, Hamers, and AWFs.

Status
Not open for further replies.