Emergency shutdown?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saichele

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2005
Last night I'm getting ready to turn in for the night, go over the hit the cat on the WWL, and the linkage is jammed. Luckily it was just barely up to cat temp, so I was able to crank up the blower and cut down the air, and keep it in normal range in bypass mode. Had I nto been paying as much attention and it was a lot hotter, I'm not sure what the outcome would ahve been.

In the 'old' days, you had a problem with the burn you could just shut down the air into the stove - fire was down to choked remains in 15 minutes.

Is there a good way to cut back a 'runaway' in the event of a mechanical failiure such as this? needless to say, now I have a project for the weekend...

Thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.