Englander 32-NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BIGChrisNH

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2015
New Hampshire
Has anyone found any details on the changes made to the new version of Englander's largest stove, the 32NC? I just saw one on the Home Depot floor and it looks largely the same, but the doghouse in the front is gone. Just curious if anyone has more information on the design changes or has purchased a 32NC.

fdb16 just installed one

fdb16 just installed one
Thanks!

Just bought one. sitting in my house ready for me to build the hearth and install. One thing i noticed is the floor protection now only requires a minimum of 1 R-Value instead of 2.5 or something like that the old one required.

Just bought one. sitting in my house ready for me to build the hearth and install. One thing i noticed is the floor protection now only requires a minimum of 1 R-Value instead of 2.5 or something like that the old one required.

Good for them reducing it though I always see it as an engineering failure when a stove requires anything above ember protection.

Reactions: sirjonathon
No blower option with the new model

No blower option with the new model

That’s good they reduced that, they’re amazing stoves for the money. post some pics when it’s done I’d like to see. I saw at Home Depot they’re charging a bit more now, I think it was listed for 1049.99. I wonder if there will be a price drop like there seemed to always be with the 30NC?

i had bought the blower as well, then when i got the stove realized there is no spot for the blower to go... i have an email sent to Englander waiting for a response

i had bought the blower as well, then when i got the stove realized there is no spot for the blower to go... i have an email sent to Englander waiting for a response
The response I got when I asked was that the engineering team felt that a blower was not needed anymore, making the stove 100% radiant, I think with an answer like that the between the lines talk was that the blower would cool the stove off to much and it wouldnt pass the epa test.

The response I got when I asked was that the engineering team felt that a blower was not needed anymore, making the stove 100% radiant, I think with an answer like that the between the lines talk was that the blower would cool the stove off to much and it wouldnt pass the epa test.
Sure makes you wonder....

Things seem to not be the same there since the founder died.

Good to know Kenny. thanks for the info on that. guess ill send this package right back!! When you talked to them, did you happen to talk about the side shields? i wonder if those are still installable on the NC32

Good to know Kenny. thanks for the info on that. guess ill send this package right back!! When you talked to them, did you happen to talk about the side shields? i wonder if those are still installable on the NC32
No I did not ask about the side shields

Ridiculous to call this, or any, stove 100% radiant. I think Kenny is right that the blowers cooled the firebox and quenched the secondary combustion too much. That and to save a buck.

I cant tell you the difference from the old model as the stove I had before was from the 70's! I can tell you one thing, now that I have been running it a couple days, that I do not like at all is the handle. It has a removable handle that is a pain. Otherwise so far its been great, no issues but I only have 2 nights on it.

That’s good they reduced that, they’re amazing stoves for the money. post some pics when it’s done I’d like to see. I saw at Home Depot they’re charging a bit more now, I think it was listed for 1049.99. I wonder if there will be a price drop like there seemed to always be with the 30NC?

I've been looking at this model since summer 2019 and have not seen any significant price changes, decided to buy it on tax free weekend here in MA but since your livin free or dyin you don't have those concerns!