Fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantabulous. It would be really cool to roll some of those around in my hands to look at the unique features.

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
As always. Great stuff!

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Gorgeous stuff AP. The 10th pic down ....is that a skull spoon rest? :)
I was wondering what the other flat pieces were similar to that one..they all have a white streak down the middle...neat-o!

Gorgeous stuff AP. The 10th pic down ....is that a skull spoon rest? :)
I was wondering what the other flat pieces were similar to that one..they all have a white streak down the middle...neat-o!
That's a cone pack- the white pieces were "cones" that were standing up before the firing, and they melt at different temps. When I look in the kiln I can tell how much heat I've put in there by which ones are melted- sort of a potter's turkey pop up.

I took a look for that skull- it's packed away in a show box. I'll dig it out tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.