firewood is like potato chips!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

lost in the woods

Burning Hunk
Feb 8, 2016
Central PA
my buddy told me "firewood is like potato chips- you can never have too much!

got plenty of wood but it was like 45 degrees this morning and I got the itch to make some wood

not a huge load; but good dead chestnut oak. . . easy access . . . . started at 645 and at back home by 815

Attachments

• firewood2.jpg
    firewood2.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 573
  • firewood1.jpg
    firewood1.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 499
I like chestnut oak. It's usually super easy to split.

got plenty of wood but it was like 45 degrees this morning and I got the itch to make some wood

not a huge load; but good dead chestnut oak. . . easy access . . . . started at 645 and at back home by 815

Sweet, I like it!

But it looks like you lost your scabbard! A wood warrior needs to keep his cutting edge!

Good looking low stump. Logger Wade would be proud.

A little here, a little there...you will be surprised how quickly it will all add up.

True, but the only thing is that dang firewood leaves too many splinters in my mouth...;):p