First time chimney sweep

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basswidow

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Milton GA
Found a guy to come out and sweep the 2 story flue and clean the fire place. I am going into my third season with my Kozyheat z42 since new and it's never been done. I did a cleaning and inspection last year myself - but did not use brushes in the flue, just what I could reach with my arm.

Good news is - he got less than a coffee cup of sandy looking dust from the flue. He said my EPA stove combined with burning well seasoned wood had the chimney looking good.

It's a relief to know the chimney will be safe for another year of heating 24/7.

Cool temps this week have it feeling like fall. Won't be long.

Sounds like you're doin' it just right. Peace of mind = priceless.

Love to hear the good news . . . second positive report in just a few days.

That really says a LOT about burning the right wood, and the EPA stoves (like mine). I sure hope that's what is found when the Chimney Sweep comes out NEXT year. "Three seasons" worth of burning, and only THAT little bit? Wonderful!!

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.