FPX Lopi Small Flush Wood Hybrid-Fyre Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

marylander

Feb 10, 2016
Kensginton, MD
This seems like a great little insert but I can't find any reviews or information on it. My local stove outlet doesn't keep one in stock and it would have to be special ordered. Anyone have one that can share some insight? Is it big enough to heat a 600 sq ft room? House is 2000 sq ft rancher. I have supplemental gas heat and really just want to heat my living room at night after work and on weekends. With such a small firebox (1.2 cu ft) I figure I can get away with much less wood. An alternative seems to be the 33 Elite (2.2 cu ft) but don't want a big box if I don't need it. Thanks for any insight and help.

It should be large enough to heat the room pretty easily unless it has 25ft ceilings. The small size will affect burn times. I haven't burned in this insert, but based on the firebox size I would estimate it will need reloading every 4-6 hrs.. If the heat can easily leave the room through large openings between rooms then I would go for the larger Elite firebox. In milder weather just make smaller 4-5 split fires.