Free Locust Logs Chester County PA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what i had hauled off today...

i-mts32Jh-L.jpg

Reactions: Ashful and Snigg
Here's what i had hauled off today...

i-mts32Jh-L.jpg

Is that the tree company taking them away or did a Hearth.com member line up a tri-axle to come grab a huge load?

I gots more wood than I can splits right now... and I'm not that close. Likely same for Scotty Overkill. I think Hogwildz is awful close to this guy... maybe he hasn't seen this thread?

I've already taken three loads from him. I was hoping other members close by would take the opportunity. Plus I am beyond capacity right now until I start burning with several cords of oak waiting for me at a family member's farm. Heck, if someone had planned a little local GTG I would done my best to show up with at least a chainsaw and help saw those logs up.

Srbenda,

Is everything gone from your property now?

Well...
I have still have a nice pile of locust that could go. A small pile of maple, and at least 3 or 4 more locusts that will come down in the near future...

I would be interested in taking some of that off your hands, I am local out in New London. Im tied up this week/weekend but should be available next week during the evenings, I can bring a trailer

That's too bad, are you guys close to him paying attention, seems like a win win deal.

Its times like this I really really wish I owned a truck/trailer. KSQ is about 25 min from me but with wood that size it might as well be in IA. That and the wife has already put me on notice about how much wood is stacked in the yard. Need a few more winters to get her schooled about the importance of seasoned wood.

If you have any left around Christmas we have that whole week off between Xmas and New Year, I might have to come introduce myself :)

Reactions: clemsonfor
Hi, I'm down the road behind Longwood. The wood You helped me load onto the trailer was great last year. I'm off this Thursday but honestly any time which is good for you I would love to "help" you out.

I'm about 30 min down the road and would willing to stop by sometime this week if you still have some to get rid of. It would also be nice to meet some fellow members in the area

Srbenda - the most generous hearth.com member in SEPA. Thanks again for the locust from past years! I'm full but got my fair share anyway..

Can I drive up there and fill a U haul up and drive back?

But Nah I have my eye on two trees at my office that needs to be cut.

Dang, I would be all over this if you were even 1 hour from me.

Don't get too excited, guys. No crossing county lines with firewood, in eastern PA. Unless you're REAL local, you'd be breaking the law. A generous offer, nonetheless, but this is why Srbenda listed them as, "Chester County."

Don't get too excited, guys. No crossing county lines with firewood, in eastern PA. Unless you're REAL local, you'd be breaking the law. A generous offer, nonetheless, but this is why Srbenda listed them as, "Chester County."

I revise my statement - Srbenda the most generouse hearth.com member in Chester County. ;)

Hey guys! Been a great summer but it's time
To get back on the forums and back in the woods. I got some of this locust last year and hopefully be making up this weekend. Srbrenda is a great guy. Hopefully see you Saturday sometime

That's why what everyone is hauling off Srbenda's property is future lumber and/or blanks for turning bowls.

J/k, I have no idea if that would fool the PA DNR.

OK, let's keep legal here.
If you want firewood, please PM me, I see other responses in the thread, but PM me please.
I think I have enough to give away to those that have responded so far.
I also will have by this weekend a downed small walnut, a cherry and a locust.
The cherry is actually a very straight nice log, that won't be free. I'll post a picture once I can get it more visible. It will make some nice boards...

Status
Not open for further replies.