Getting New Stove in - Easy. Old one out - Not so much...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danno77 said:
The idiot who suggested that idea should have added the part about keeping that sideways brace as low as possible, even if the strap rubbed the stairs. When are people gonna learn not to listen to him?
That would be me =P
But with the distance between the stairs and the door, I wouldn't have been able to get the hand cart to clear the steps before running into the beam. Then I'd have had a stove stuck with 3 stairs to go and blocking off my entire basement (with tools, computer, woodstove and the beer fridge).

I Gotchya, I was picturing a small landing just before the garage, but you clearly never said that!

Danno77 said:
Nothing fancy. A nice 2x6x? Ramp for each hand truck wheel. A come along at the top of the stairs. You ask what to hook the come along to, it sounds like the stairs lead to the garage, so just put a board sideways across the doorway, just make sure the board is wider than the doorway and on the opposite side of the door jam (obviously)

an easy one person job.
Guess maybe the "easy" part wasn't, huh?

Heck, if two people have a similar idea how can it be too terribly off the wall?
And really, it was going to be an easy on person job **IF** I had a truly secure tie-off point somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.