Got er out Zap!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
loon said:
thanks Solar but... huh? :cheese:

there are 3 here and pretty much the same at 25ft and 2ft across give or take a few inches...

table only goes up to 22" diameter and formatting got a little sloppy in the conversion but...diameter is first column, trees per cord is second. so a 2 foot diameter tree is about a cord.

I'd buy that...a 2 ft diameter cylinder 25' long is about 80 cu ft of solid wood. Should stack out close to a cord.

I was scrolling down through . . . knowing that somewhere here would be the famous Murphy driving the tractor! Thanks for not disappointing me.[/quote]

we do have fun with them ;-)

me and Murphy went and checked out some more fields tonite and this one will be next :)

Loon looks like another good tree, is it another Sugar Maple?

zap

thanks solar...

ya pretty sure zap, didnt go right up to it but will take a couple better pics saturday when i go in and get it out ;-)

loon

we went and had a look tonite to see what was in store for me tomorrow and turns out its leaning perfect up a small hill and had dropped a large limb which i didnt see last week?..

DSC09247.jpg

DSC09246.jpg

the dogs got into a bunch of burrs so it was time to get back to the house ;-P

DSC09245-1.jpg

nice big ole Maple :cheese:

will put up a few more pics tomorrow...

loon

Another nice size tree, looks like you have some beech in that area.

zap

they are here zap but not that plentiful. up at the deer camp is another story though :cheese: i sure do like dealing with those trees..

loon

Cool Loon

Ya sure are moving the wood out. And it looks like you are doing a good job keeping the logs clean. Ya gotta love that Case! What hp is it? I have a 90 hp case w-14 loader and was supprised how much it struggles to pull something out from time to time.

Billy

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

it dropped perfectly behind the stump and as of right now, its still there...

going back over to deal with it after i have a cold beer :cheese:

between the chain not being long enough and having to cut a bunch of good trees to get it out i am better off lowering the stump...

Billy its a 90 also ;-)

looks easy in the picture but it isnt :shut: ;-P

loon

DSC09249.jpg

Looks good Loon.

zap

all it had to do zap was drop 6inch left or right and woulda been good to go ;-)

its bigger than i thought and will finish it tomorrow..

loon

loon said:
all it had to do zap was drop 6inch left or right and woulda been good to go ;-)

its bigger than i thought and will finish it tomorrow..

loon

What happened, something in the way.

zap

everything went fine, but i had no wiggle room with the tractor %-P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
let me correct this...

'everything' i did yesterday went wrong and i wont go into detail :cheese:

the saw would only go 3/4 across the stump which must be 2 1/2 foot base and as i was trying to get it level with the fallen tree, the screw holding the brake snapped and its a borrowed saw as i am waiting for a part for mine :shut:

will take it into town monday as it needs a special screw and also have to get the remaining part of the screw out.

gonna take the 4 wheeler over this morning and take my time clearing a nice path out to the field...

should be out by noonish :-/ :cheese:

loon

loon said:
everything went fine, but i had no wiggle room with the tractor %-P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
let me correct this...

'everything' i did yesterday went wrong and i wont go into detail :cheese:

the saw would only go 3/4 across the stump which must be 2 1/2 foot base and as i was trying to get it level with the fallen tree, the screw holding the brake snapped and its a borrowed saw as i am waiting for a part for mine :shut:

will take it into town monday as it needs a special screw and also have to get the remaining part of the screw out.

gonna take the 4 wheeler over this morning and take my time clearing a nice path out to the field...

should be out by noonish :-/ :cheese:

loon

It's always something when we have equipment. Just getting ready to head out myself, work safe and have fun.

zap

zap

Loon nice tree, when do you start bucking all the trees up?

zap

have to get about 15 cord done for the pair of us, so no real set time but seem to do alot of it come late feb/march..

just keep poking away except when it gets too hot in the summer ;-)

loon

Now that's a nice view out the rear window. Do you ever pick the butt up with the 3 pt? I wouldn't even be able to budge anything close to that big without taking the weight of the lead edge with my little tractor.

i should of on this one or at least jumped out and cut that limb off on the right solar.
usually dont have to but that limb was anchoring pretty good ;-P

Get the chains good and sharp, you have some nice sugar maple to buck up. Looks like you had a good day for it. I never went back in today so it looks like that beech will have to wait until next week.

zap

loon said:
there is always next week zap ;-)

see those 2 in the second pic with the broken tops? :cheese:

loon

Yes, are they next on the list?

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.