Grizzly wood stove need cat help please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cramerky

Oct 31, 2015
Wisconsin
I have a Derco/grizzly wood stove that is supposed to have a cat from what I have found. So I ordered a cat. Got the cat. I don't have the cat flange that bolts inside the firebox. I have an FP-20 model that I would guess is on the newer side, 6" top flue, step top, brass trimmings, brown in color, single door with wood handle, spring handles on air intake and bypass dampers. I've had to learn how it was supposed to work on my own, until recently I had no clue it was a catalytic stove, thanks to this site I have now. I need help finding the flange that bolts to the top of firebox and holds the cat in place, or even some good pictures with some dimensions so I can have one made. Thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited:
Do you have the old one and it's damaged or gone altogether?

the stove was in the house when we bought the house. Never a cat or the flange was in it since we have owned it, always thought it was odd to have the two dampers with a giant hole in the center. Any info/pictures would be helpful, even a good description of how the flange looked and operated to hold cat in place and I could probably have one fabed up. I just don't know anything more about this flange other than it should be there. Does it slide and clamp the cat in place or is it just a plate that has a friction fit for the cat or what. Thank you.

Anyone??? Is it two pieces, one piece, does it clamp on to the cat or is it just a friction fit, how thick is it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.