• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wectawski

Mar 19, 2020
Sanbornville, NH
Hello, my husband and I bought our house with a Hampton GCI60 insert already installed and we love it.

However we saw error code #4 pop up and I haven't the slightest idea where the reset switch even is or whatever other issue I should be looking at.

My husband said it started to over heat and now the hopper doesn't dispense anymore.

I'm sorry that I really don't know what I'm doing, I grew up with woodstoves and never really used a pellet stove until I purchased my house over the summer.

From teck manual
6. Light # 4 on Heat output bar flashing.

Ensure the hopper lid magnet is present. Open the hopper lid and
look at the back right corner of the underside of the lid. (See image
on right for magnet location on hopper lid).

Hopper is open, or hopper switch has failed.

Reset sensor and determine cause. Was it Convection Blower failure
or Circuit board control problems?

The 200 °F (93 °C) high limit temperature sensor has tripped.

Manual here
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: vinny11950
Like Johneh said above. Troubleshoot it with the manual link.

Think of it this way, the stove has different safety sensors to keep you safe. The auger not dropping pellets is part of that safety feature. For example, you don't want the hopper lid open with the auger turning, in case there is a hopper fire or someone sticks their fingers in the auger to clear a jam.

The blinking error code is pointing you in a direction of what to check.

Check everything above, but it probably is going to be the stove overheating and tripping the heat sensor because the stove is not drafting well. Either because the exhaust pipes are dirty or the exhaust motor is not working properly.

Also check wires and connections.

Reactions: Ssyko and johneh
Blinking 4 is an overheat signal. The switch needs to be reset or replaced. Check to see what caused it- prob the convection blower stopped working or slowed down. The switch is under the top of the stove, under the daughter board.