Hampton H200 review with pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rasmussenjohn

Dec 15, 2011
north il
this is my review of the Hampton H200. The stove is a good looking stove and seems to be built well. Some things about the stove that could be better like the airwash system for the glass on the door. This is only a front load stove which is OK but a side load would have been nice.

The stove does burn clean and through out ampule heat but the top of the stove does not get hot enough to simmer water in a copper pot on the top of the stove .It will get it to steam some but not enough to add much moisture to the house. With that being said you can not cook on top of it like its big brother the H300.

Burn times are short at best 4.5 hours on a full load. However ther is always hot embers in it so start ups are easy. This is a super easy stove to use. My wife loves how easy it is to opperate.

we have not needed our furace since we installed the stove we heat a 1200sqr ft ranch with ease. We got the stove for power outages in the winter as it has happened before and propane space heaters never have propane or run-out leaving you to run out and get more. But we like the heat so much better than the furnace we now use it for our main heat and it looks cool when burning.

One nice thing about the stove is that it dont cycle on and off so once the house is warm is stays warm unlike the furnace.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best I would give the stove a 8.5 rating

Attachments

• 0122121452.jpg
    0122121452.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 749
  • 0122121452b.jpg
    0122121452b.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 692
  • 0122121425.jpg
    0122121425.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 652
Nice review and nice looking stove too! It's been a mild winter so far and my heat has not run at all this heating season.. :)

Ray

That sure is pretty. That water should simmer if the fan isnt running and its cranking out the heat.

Looks like that is a convection stove so that top (looks like air vents just below the stove top?) would be cooler due to the air space between the stove top and the firebox? On my T-5 it will not simmer unless I swing open the top and place the 6 qt. porcelain cast iron dutch oven directly on the firebox which I do when the stove will be running steady.. It will steam over a gallon a day doing this..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.