Harman p35i error code 6 blinks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so replaced esp and has been running fine
Nice !!

Well so what have we all learned here ? Something we knew perhaps, go easy on the ESP , wipe with just a damp cloth etc. Just saying, maybe.

I guess sanding The ESP is a BIG no no:( I never needed to more than wipe with a solvent and a paper towel.

I guess sanding The ESP is a BIG no no:( I never needed to more than wipe with a solvent and a paper towel.
When I pull the ESP I wipe it off with a damp paper towel, I've even done it with a dry paper towel. In between I brush it off with a long paint brush ( nylon), some folks use a bottle brush. Just enough to knock dust and ash off reached right in through the exhaust airway on a P61.

I don't know about the 6 blink code except the manual doesn't tell us everything. Sometimes there can be a cross circumstance of events. Then also is the thought, what else was touched in changing the ESP ?!

Thanks for responding I cleaned everything ran brush down from cap exhaust fan replaced docking gasket was kinda squished thought that was it it seemed ok after that but know blinking again was told it was a vacume issue tested vacume switch with meter seems ok. I sanded the esp when cleaning do you think that could of damaged it but that's no listed under trouble shooting for six blinks was gonna do door gasket but looks ok??? 250 lb paper weight
You sanded the ESP? I never heard of anybody doing that. I just wipe it down with a damp cloth. Also make sure there's nothing trapped around the seals in the hopper door.

I replied before reading to the end. I love sanding and polishing things to make them shinny and nice too but I do not mess with my stove. It is one of the few things in my house that I haven't modified somehow.

I'e never taken the ESP out. So far just running the vent brush over it seems to work well - KOW that I didn't just jinx myself :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.