Has Pacific Energy improved its quality control?

  • Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

    We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

    We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Itslay90

Minister of Fire
Dec 16, 2022
705
Upstate,NY
I know Pacific Energy had some bad welds in the past. I was just wondering if they’ve fixed that issue and if they’ve had any other quality-control problems besides cracked welds.
 
Pretty hard to make such an assertion. I don't think I've seen a stove brand on here that hasn't had a bad weld at some point. Just the nature of high production welding with a wire feed process.

Out of what I'm sure is thousands of stoves sold per year, a handful with bad welds isn't really much to worry about.
 
Pretty hard to make such an assertion. I don't think I've seen a stove brand on here that hasn't had a bad weld at some point. Just the nature of high production welding with a wire feed process.

Out of what I'm sure is thousands of stoves sold per year, a handful with bad welds isn't really much to worry about.
Thank you.