Have Omicron? can't smell pvc cement.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, they may be overloaded, but there is no need for that. Omicron is no more than a bad cold or mild flu. It passes within a few days unless one has major/MAJOR comorbidities, and even then, it is nothing like we saw before.. Folks are flocking to hospitals because they are afraid after hearing all the doomsday crap on the news. Do a little independent research and stop spreading fear?
They may go to the hospital but they won't be admitted unless they need to be.

Again talking to a couple of my friends who are in hospitals dealing with this everyday first hand is all the research I need to do.

And, that has been changing day by day since November. November is ancient history as far as this virus is concerned. More and more vaccinated are getting sick now. Soon, it will most likely surpass the unvaccinated. The raw data is clear. Amazing the most vaccinated country in the world, Israel, is talking about a 4th (and even 5th) booster as they reach record high Covid cases and deaths since the start of the pandemic. And, they are not alone. You really think this vaccination is working? No scientific studies that show it protects against Covid or lessens symptoms, just people saying so without factual proof. I've yet to find a scientific study that proves it. All talking points from the media and those that have a financial investment in the vaccination. Listen, I have no desire to go back-and-forth with you. It tires me to debate with someone who is truly uniformed except for what he wants to believe. I have said what I want to say. It is impossible to educate someone who does not want to be educated. I will stop here, and just ask you to stop spreading false information. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! It's all in the research; not the media and Google.

A few days ago one county in lower Michigan reported their first detected omicron case. Today’s news has another lower Michigan county detecting their first omicron case. Yet we have been breaking records for new cases for quite some time. It’s gotta be primarily Delta still, at least in some places.

Just over a week ago I suffered through another bowel blockage. I would have gone to the hospital if it weren’t for the Covid situation, because I could get a rupture and die. So I took my chances and stayed home. Finally feeling somewhat ok today thankfully. Last two required surgery.
Yes it absolutely is in some areas.

• Haha
Reactions: Dan Freeman
A few days ago one county in lower Michigan reported their first detected omicron case. Today’s news has another lower Michigan county detecting their first omicron case. Yet we have been breaking records for new cases for quite some time. It’s gotta be primarily Delta still, at least in some places.

Just over a week ago I suffered through another bowel blockage. I would have gone to the hospital if it weren’t for the Covid situation, because I could get a rupture and die. So I took my chances and stayed home. Finally feeling somewhat ok today thankfully. Last two required surgery.
Only 5% of cases in the US now are Delta according to the data. You are much more likely to die of a bowel blockage than Omicron. You are lucky.

And, that has been changing day by day since November. November is ancient history as far as this virus is concerned. More and more vaccinated are getting sick now. Soon, it will most likely surpass the unvaccinated. The raw data is clear. Amazing the most vaccinated country in the world, Israel, is talking about a 4th (and even 5th) booster as they reach record high Covid cases and deaths since the start of the pandemic. And, they are not alone. You really think this vaccination is working? No scientific studies that show it protects against Covid or lessens symptoms, just people saying so without factual proof. I've yet to find a scientific study that proves it. All talking points from the media and those that have a financial investment in the vaccination. Listen, I have no desire to go back-and-forth with you. It tires me to debate with someone who is truly uniformed except for what he wants to believe. I have said what I want to say. It is impossible to educate someone who does not want to be educated. I will stop here, and just ask you to stop spreading false information. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH! It's all in the research; not the media and Google.
Really? No scientific studies that show the vaccines help reduce risk of infection or severity of symptoms???

Just because you choose to ignore studies doesn't mean they don't exist.

• Haha
Only 5% of cases in the US now are Delta according to the data. You are much more likely to die of a bowel blockage than Omicron. You are lucky.
Can you site a source stating that the chances of dying from a bowel blockage is higher than from omicron???

• Haha
Can you site a source stating that the chances of dying from a bowel blockage is higher than from omicron???
"Bowel obstruction is an important cause of morbidity and mortality accounting for nearly 30,000 deaths and more than $3 billion per year in direct medical costs; it is responsible for approximately 15% of hospital admissions for acute abdominal pain in the USA and ~ 20% of cases needing acute surgical care."

Much more than Omicron.

But, I really must stop here as I said 2 posts ago. You are grasping at straws and tempting me. I think I'll get off the computer for now, since you are really uniformed and wasting my time. Good evening.

"Bowel obstruction is an important cause of morbidity and mortality accounting for nearly 30,000 deaths and more than $3 billion per year in direct medical costs; it is responsible for approximately 15% of hospital admissions for acute abdominal pain in the USA and ~ 20% of cases needing acute surgical care."

Much more than Omicron.

But, I really must stop here as I said 2 posts ago. You are grasping at straws and tempting me. I think I'll get off the computer for now.
Well yes many more have died from bowel obstructions than omicron at this point. That is because omicron is new. That has nothing to do with statistics

LOL...here I go again. In an earlier post when we were discussing OMICRON, you said something about the unvaccinated spending up to 200 days in the hospital as a rebuttal. I told you that Omicron has only been around for a month or so. Now, you say this about bowel obstruction. You are really funny! 🤣 Omicron may have only been around for a short period, but it is nothing more than a bad cold or mild flu. Aren't you listening? 😉

OK, goodnight, my friend. Sleep with your fantasies.

LOL...here I go again. In an earlier post when we were discussing OMICRON, you said something about the unvaccinated spending up to 200 days in the hospital as a rebuttal. I told you that Omicron has only been around for a month or so. Now, you say this about bowel obstruction. You are really funny! 🤣 Omicron may have only been around for a short period, but it is nothing more than a bad cold or mild flu. Aren't you listening? 😉

OK, goodnight, my friend. Sleep with your fantasies.
You are getting confused about who is who.

If I remember correctly some were saying the original variant was just a bad flue as well. Well that bad flue killed 833000 Americans. Now you want to believe the same story again?

• Haha
In case you missed it the links I posted show multiple studies showing the effectiveness of the covid vaccine. Why didn't you comment on them?

• Haha
I agree with a bowel blockage being more serious. I’ve had many as I was born with problems. It’s just a matter of waiting outside for 12 hours or maybe over a day to be seen, finding out there isn’t a place for you if you do get in. Like a coworker of my mom’s, don’t remember what she said he had but it wasn’t Covid. People dying waiting on emergency treatment when they would have gotten right in. Just a sad situation all around. Really trying my best to not get sick or hurt because it’s pretty much every man for himself anymore.

Omicron may have only been around for a short period, but it is nothing more than a bad cold or mild flu. Aren't you listening? 😉
What will you say if later in time "raw data" supports that there are long term side effects due to Omicron that we don't even know about yet? Remember, this is still a "novel" virus that the human immune system is not used to fighting, at least without a vaccine.

Strep throat can have long term side effects, even though it might appear to be just a "mild" case. Wait a minute, I got that info from main-stream media so perhaps its all wrong!

Last edited:
What will you say if later in time "raw data" supports that there are long term side effects due to Omicron that we don't even know about yet? Remember, this is still a "novel" virus that the human immune system is not used to fighting, at least without a vaccine.

Strep throat can have long term side effects, even though it might appear to be just a "mild" case. Wait a minute, I got that info from main-stream media so perhaps its all wrong!
Geez, I don't know and neither do you, but I can tell you one thing, I am not living my life cowering in the corner afraid of the future, or even dying. You either live your life or hide. Sounds like you are hiding and afraid. Sorry, I am not. Will I die from all this, I doubt it, but if I do, at least I will go out living my life rather than being miserable. BTW...it is not a "novel" virus. It is a corona virus. Corona viruses have been around for centuries. That's what the common cold is and the direction this one is heading from all indications. Will this one turn out different as far as long term effects, I don't know, and as I said neither do you, but I am not going to waste my time worrying. That is depressing; you are depressing.

Geez, I don't know and neither do you, but I can tell you one thing, I am not living my life cowering in the corner afraid of the future, or even dying. You either live your life or hide. Sounds like you are hiding and afraid. Sorry, I am not. Will I die from all this, I doubt it, but if I do, at least I will go out living my life rather than being miserable. BTW...it is not a "novel" virus. It is a corona virus. Corona viruses have been around for centuries. That's what the common cold is and the direction this one is heading from all indications. Will this one turn out different as far as long term effects, I don't know, and as I said neither do you, but I am not going to waste my time worrying. That is depressing; you are depressing.
Guess I hit a nerve :). Do your homework, the original Covid-19 was considered a novel virus. You are obviously clueless in much of what you say.

When the country was in lockdown I was still going to work designing and building electronics to defend our country so you have no right to accuse me of living my life in fear.

I'm sorry to see you are a new member on this site, you are a hostile person.

Last edited:
Guess I hit a nerve. Do your homework, the original Covid-19 was considered a novel virus.

When the country was in lockdown I was still going to work designing and building electronics to defend our country so you have no right to accuse me of living my life in fear.

I'm sorry to see you are a new member on this site, you are a hostile person.
No, you didn't hit a nerve, although I bet you would have liked to. It's still nothing more than a corona virus. "Novel" just means "new strain". There are new strains of cold (corona) viruses, too. Why do you think that you can catch many colds during your lifetime. Your body encounters a new or "novel" strain. You need to take things down a notch or two.

Please, don't try to defend yourself by your work. I really don't give a rat's ass what you do for a living. Your over-reaction to my post is very defensive in nature.

I am not hostile in the least. I just call it like it is. You want to believe I am hostile because I confront others on their BS, like yours. If you don't like my posts, report them as hostile to the admin, stop reading them, or block me. It's really that simple.

Last edited:
Reactions: clancey
Anybody that has a different opinion then the majority of this forum because they have been on it a long time and have a lot of posting time invested always asks a person of a different opinion to prove what they are saying as they use the main stream fake media to get their truth ---I'll give you some proof my brother died on Good Friday because the hospital (one of the so called great ones) used the wrong protocol and killed him---just praying that I am able to stay at home and if I am going to die then let me die at home before some of these wrong protocol people get at me. Yea this is another believe or not posting so believe what you want to believe and stop harassing people who have a different opinion then you...clancey

No, you didn't hit a nerve, although I bet you would have liked to. It's still nothing more than a corona virus. "Novel" just means "new strain". There are new strains of cold (corona) viruses, too. Why do you think that you can catch many colds during your lifetime. Your body encounters a new or "novel" strain. You need to take things down a notch or two.

Please, don't try to defend yourself by your work. I really don't give a rat's ass what you do for a living. Your over-reaction to my post is very defensive in nature.

I am not hostile in the least. I just call it like it is. You want to believe I am hostile because I confront others on their BS, like yours. If you don't like my posts, report them as hostile to the admin, stop reading them, or block me. It's really that simple.
Why don't you back up some of your claims with some data and studies?? I provided studies you said didn't exist. No comment from you...

• Haha
Anybody that has a different opinion then the majority of this forum because they have been on it a long time and have a lot of posting time invested always asks a person of a different opinion to prove what they are saying as they use the main stream fake media to get their truth ---I'll give you some proof my brother died on Good Friday because the hospital (one of the so called great ones) used the wrong protocol and killed him---just praying that I am able to stay at home and if I am going to die then let me die at home before some of these wrong protocol people get at me. Yea this is another believe or not posting so believe what you want to believe and stop harassing people who have a different opinion then you...clancey
The problem is this is not a matter of opinion. This is a matter of facts. There are many denying the facts and saying they don't exist but when asked to back up their claims they never can. I have absolutely no problem with differing opinions. I do on the other hand have a problem when people make claims that I am wrong but can't back up what they say

The "nothing more than a corona virus" has killed more than 800 americans.

Guess I keep hitting that nerve :)

-I'll give you some proof my brother died on Good Friday because the hospital (one of the so called great ones) used the wrong protocol and killed him---
If there was, what is often called euphemistically, a therapeutic misadventure, then I'm sorry to hear it, it does happen, and someone should contact a lawyer.

But since we're saying it "like it is" in this thread and not worrying about a little thing like respect or decorum I'll say this. if I had a nickel for everyone who couldn't accept that the adverse outcome of an injury or disease despite the best of efforts just couldn't be helped,.. well you know.

The fact is, western medicine has saved countless lives using the information learned from the scientific principle, that is provable reproducible facts.

The corona virus is new in some respects and bears similarities to other described viruses, and we know this from yes, the science. A fact that some hear say is true but who only want to accept and repeat the parts of the science that they find agreeable to their world view.

And while I'm at it, the idea that everyone who gets the vaccine and wears a mask is somehow a cowering chicken@#$%, is nonsense. I care for my family and friends/acquaintances , and if it helps, even a little bit, I'm in.

If there was, what is often called euphemistically, a therapeutic misadventure, then I'm sorry to hear it, it does happen, and someone should contact a lawyer.

But since we're saying it "like it is" in this thread and not worrying about a little thing like respect or decorum I'll say this. if I had a nickel for everyone who couldn't accept that the adverse outcome of an injury or disease despite the best of efforts just couldn't be helped,.. well you know.

The fact is, western medicine has saved countless lives using the information learned from the scientific principle, that is provable reproducible facts.

The corona virus is new in some respects and bears similarities to other described viruses, and we know this from yes, the science. A fact that some hear say is true but who only want to accept and repeat the parts of the science that they find agreeable to their world view.

And while I'm at it, the idea that everyone who gets the vaccine and wears a mask is somehow a cowering chicken@#$%, is nonsense. I care for my family and friends/acquaintances , and if it helps, even a little bit, I'm in.
Unfortunately according to your last statement (if you're only referring to wearing a mask)you will never be able to remove the mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.