Help! Quadrafire Mt. Vernon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vickyblacker

Mar 14, 2017
Baltimore MD
I have a Quadrafire Mt. Vernon pellet stove I purchased used. A friend came over yesterday to take it apart and clean it. We got all the brick pieces removed. We cleaned it and put the left side piece and the back piece in. We cannot get the right piece back in! We spent hours reading the manual, looking on YouTube, and the Quadrafire site to find a way to get the last piece in.
Can anyone help???

Attachments

• 20170314_170712.png
    20170314_170712.png
    139.9 KB · Views: 358
Changed the title so it would catch the eyes of the Quadrafire experts ... might have to have some patience though. Welcome to the forum!

I have a Quadrafire Mt. Vernon pellet stove I purchased used. A friend came over yesterday to take it apart and clean it. We got all the brick pieces removed. We cleaned it and put the left side piece and the back piece in. We cannot get the right piece back in! We spent hours reading the manual, looking on YouTube, and the Quadrafire site to find a way to get the last piece in.
Can anyone help???

Are you sure that is the proper order to assemble? I suspect the left and right side are put in first then the back which I believe on that stove they call the baffle. My quad 1200i only has the two back baffle plates and they can be a real pain to get back in the slots. They have a tendency to warp which can make it a real challenge to line up the slots. I suspect that may be one of your issues as well. Let us know if you get them all back in and how you did it. Good luck!!

It really depends on the age and version of the stove. Some went in left, right, top (held up with one arm) and then back slid in to hold up top. Others were assemble left, back, right and then top. Been a while since I've done one and this is what I remember.

Reactions: kappel15
Can anyone help???
I have an older Mt Vernon. The correct sequence is left side, top, while holding the top up add the back and lastly the right side. This is a frustrating and challenging experience. Quadrafire changed the design of the baffles so the sequence might be different if you have a later model than mine. I believe tha the serial number of the stoves with upgraded baffles starts with 178.