How Your Harman Works -what your manual doesn't tell you..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vacuum (differential) switch it was! Got it today ($ 50) and works like a champ! Thanks all. Great info and huge $$$ saver!

Your correct on the sensor needs to be hooked up. I never knew that before. With a combo of dealer techs and the tech speaking to Harman direct and me tinkering around the stove, it's humming along fine. That's one advantage the Englander owners have is a direct line to great tech support. I would not rule out owning one in the future.
You can also call Harman directly for tech support. 800 number is on their website. Hit 3 and 3 when connected.

while I'm on a roll I thought I might ask one more question. Only low blower works (for about a year now). Changed hi/low switch but no difference. When you move switch to hi position the blower just stops until you move back to low position (even with new switch). It isnt the end of the world for now, but my fear is low will also eventually stop and so will my options to run the stove. Thanks again

while I'm on a roll I thought I might ask one more question. Only low blower works (for about a year now). Changed hi/low switch but no difference. When you move switch to hi position the blower just stops until you move back to low position (even with new switch). It isnt the end of the world for now, but my fear is low will also eventually stop and so will my options to run the stove. Thanks again
Well it's possible that the new switch is bad. If not blower motor may have a bad winding or It could be voltage source for high fan operation has failed. I'd start simple with a voltage measurement at the switch. If it's good jump the switch on the high side and see if the motor works or you can check continuity through the switch. If you have voltage and the switch is good then it's likely the motor if it's wired directly off the switch. don't know enough about the circuit to comment decisively on that though.

I have a Harman XXV that we have had for about 5 years with no problems. we run the stove in room temp and have since we got it. Lately I've noticed the blower cycling on and off. It used to blow high until the room would warm up then it would cycle to a lower rate. Now it just goes from high to low then cycles back up to high sometimes up and down within minutes. Any clue as to why it would do this?

OK. Saga continues. Now combustion motor and vaccum switch replaced which feeds the pellets, but sporadically getting slow shut down with 6 blinking lights......possible ESP probe gone bad? I have a spare..was thinking of throwing it in tomorrow. This happens on both stove and room temps and can be 24 hours apart or 2 hours apart..no rhyme or reason

shortened the length of the exhaust pipe (I had it at 8 feet with a bend for 10 years, but apparently this isnt the best for the ESP sensor. Its 2 feet outside now and seems to be less quirky...

bacitup88, did you ever replace your ESP ?

also just did the circuit board....apparently I'm now gonna dive into the auger motor/slide plate and de-gunk it (from another suggestion from another post)

So I assume it 's still not running correctly

that would be correct.....burning for 30 mins and 6 blinks...apparently the hopper slide/auger get "gummed up". With what I dont know

does anyone know the best way to access the hopper slide area? I'm assuming its around the auger on the harmen accentra...thanks

jumped out the vacuum switch (yes the NEW one) and its working great now......someone please shoot me

Does anyone know what the risk is running the stove without the vaccum switch?

The vacuum switch or low draft sensor, senses draft in the firebox.. If the door is not shut, ash door, or hopper lid, or if the exhaust is blocked, or bad combustion motor, then it won't feed pellets.. It's a safety feature.. maybe the vacuum line is plugged or leaks..Also check for plugged "muffler " in the hopper, this senses pressure in the hopper and is connected by hose to the vacuum switch..

The vacuum switch or low draft sensor, senses draft in the firebox.. If the door is not shut, ash door, or hopper lid, or if the exhaust is blocked, or bad combustion motor, then it won't feed pellets.. It's a safety feature.. maybe the vacuum line is plugged or leaks..Also check for plugged "muffler " in the hopper, this senses pressure in the hopper and is connected by hose to the vacuum switch..

I think I'm just going to leave the vacuum switch out of the loop. In an 11 year old stove there's probably 4 - 5 leaks that would trip it off and I'm kind of tired of chasing my tail....plus the room if finally warm for the first time in 3 weeks

Maybe another harman accentra question? My stove has a smokey smell. I have replaced and I have had the dealer replace the exhaust pipes, observe it, reseal exhaust. I'm pretty sure the exhaust has been taken care of.
The smell is still there. I have checked and taped windows, anything I can think of. I have replaced the door seal and looked at the others. I don't see any smoke, but I smell it.

Dealer says the heat exchanger can't leak to room because of the negative pressure caused by cumbustion fan. I understand this general concept but is that too broad a staement? We are missing something. Have you seen anything like this? Any ideas to try? thanks much!

Check your auger tube for a hole like this.

Eric

Attachments

• harman hole in augertube.JPG
    harman hole in augertube.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,126
Reactions: cooler
I see, it is a gap, I'll check for that once I clean it good. Did you get a smoke smell from this leak? Very interested to hear

Usually it will cause to much air to enter the unit and this will cause creosote to form. Some people don't get a smell and some do.

Eric

I purchased a Harman P68 in June 2014. During the shoulder seasons, I want to run it on minimal heat output and
pellet consumption. I have been running it on Constant Burn setting #1. I was wondering if there is some setting even of lower heat output than Constant Burn #1 and still to keep the flame so as not to put wear on the igniter going through numerous fire-up cycles. I tried Room Temperature setting 50* with the igniter switch set set to manual, to keep a maintenance fire. From what I can tell; the flame size, heat output, and pellet consumption seems about the same as Constant Burn setting #1. What settings would produce the minimal heat output and pellet consumption?

I think you found it. The lowest is a maintenance burn. Also posting a new post would get you more Posts since this is a sticky for info only.

Status
Not open for further replies.