HUGE Thank You to Dennis!(aka Backwoods Savage)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
With it being my first year burning my supply of seasoned wood was coming to end. This last week I was burning oak that was around 30% moisture content. Sure it burned but not like I wanted. I didn't want to end the season just yet so I asked Dennis if he'd be interested in selling me some wood. Today the wife and I loaded up my son and made the drive to meet Dennis and his wife. Dennis hooked me with enough SEASONED firewood to last me the rest of this season and probably enough to carry over to next season.

Dennis and his wife were a pleasure to meet, the kind helpful man you read posts from on this site is the real deal. He's exactly the same in person!

He also took the time to give me the sales pitch for the woodstock stoves. :lol: ;-)

I seen a camera out so maybe he'll post some pictures.

Thanks again Dennis!

Rick

rdust said:
With it being my first year burning my supply of seasoned wood was coming to end. This last week I was burning oak that was around 30% moisture content. Sure it burned but not like I wanted. I didn't want to end the season just yet so I asked Dennis if he'd be interested in selling me some wood. Today the wife and I loaded up my son and made the drive to meet Dennis and his wife. Dennis hooked me with enough SEASONED firewood to last me the rest of this season and probably enough to carry over to next season.

Dennis and his wife were a pleasure to meet, the kind helpful man you read posts from on this site is the real deal. He's exactly the same in person!

He also took the time to give me the sales pitch for the woodstock stoves. :lol: ;-)

Thanks again Dennis!

Rick

Never met him but I can tell he's a good guy.. Lots of nice people here..

Ray

raybonz said:
rdust said:

Thanks again Dennis!

Rick

+2

smokinjay said:
raybonz said:
rdust said:

Thanks again Dennis!

Rick

+2
+3!

quads said:
smokinjay said:
raybonz said:
rdust said:

Thanks again Dennis!

Rick

+2
+3!

+4 Nice to here this forum is getting good folks together. Nice post!

+5

Well, what can I say about rdust? One great fellow and he even brought along his wife and son. Naturally the ladies went into the house while we went for a short walk after the work was done.

The first wood we threw on was some that someone else was supposed to have came back after but now rdust has it.

Rdustgettingwood-1.gif

The second stack we tackled was some that had been stacked there for a few years, but I also loaded up the little trailer I use behind the atv to give him a taste of some ash that was cut in the winter of 2008-2009; most have seen some of those pictures of those stacks. When we walked past them, rdust said he remembered seeing those pictures (no need to post those any more).

Rdustgettingwood-3.gif

And the man was concerned that he took too much wood. What a nice guy rdust is! It was a pleasure meeting him and I hope we meet again.

A couple more pics from this morning...

Attachments

• P3070029.jpg
    P3070029.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 623
  • P3070030.jpg
    P3070030.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 629
And here I thought you'd already have it stacked!

Backwoods Savage said:
And here I thought you'd already have it stacked!

I think it's going to get covered and I'll pull from it as needed! :lol: I'll need to free the trailer up in the next couple weeks so it'll be stacked once I get some time. We just finished feeding Johnathan lunch so we have some running around to do now.

Great pictures and nice that you guys got to meet!

Backwoods Savage said:
And the man was concerned that he took too much wood.

If Dennis had his way the trailer would have been overfilling and the bed of the truck would also be full! :lol: For the little half ton we had it filled just about right!

rdust said:
Backwoods Savage said:
And the man was concerned that he took too much wood.

If Dennis had his way the trailer would have been overfilling and the bed of the truck would also be full! :lol: For the little half ton we had it filled just about right!

Wow that looks like a cord in there! I have always enjoyed Dennis's posts and his wisdom that he gives freely. Would be great to have a get together sometime. There are many here that live near me.. Hmmm not a bad idea.

Ray

raybonz said:
Wow that looks like a cord in there!

Probably more then that even loose tossed. The usable part of the deck is 16'x7' and the sides are 2' high.

rdust said:
raybonz said:
Wow that looks like a cord in there!

Probably more then that even loose tossed. The usable part of the deck is 16'x7' and the sides are 2' high.

That is a real nice wood hauling trailer! Even my 6 cylinder F-150 could pull a cord of oak with it.. It is rated to pull 5800 lbs. if memory serves me correct. The hitch weight is only 10-12% of the load weight so no big deal.

Ray

BucksCoBernie said:
rdust said:
A couple more pics from this morning...

I have trailer envy!

I like the econoshed you built so you have any detail pics? I would like create a 1st stage or overflow wood shelter and that looks cheap to build..

Ray

Dennis, As others have already said, "Dennis is a class act". Best wishes for many more years of burning seasoned wood, helping others, and good health. John_M

I just wanted to say once again to rdust that you are very welcome.

Also, a big thank you to everyone who posted. Somehow it just gives one a good feeling to be able to help others, especially people like rdust who has a wonderful family. Glad we could help but I still wish I could have thrown some more wood on there....

Yeah, that Dennis seems to be a pretty good egg, well.... except that he splits in the wrong direction. :lol:

Jeez Dennis, your gonna have to kick it up a notch to replace all that wood you have been letting go of. With all that extra work, you might want to throw a pillow on that seat of yours. Oh, and get your wife a new pair of gloves too. :lol:

Ha,ha..just yanking your chain. Its pretty awesome that you guys hooked up for the firewood. Win-win.

Backwoods Savage said:
I just wanted to say once again to rdust that you are very welcome.

Also, a big thank you to everyone who posted. Somehow it just gives one a good feeling to be able to help others, especially people like rdust who has a wonderful family. Glad we could help but I still wish I could have thrown some more wood on there....

Good job Sav.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.