Ironstrike (Lennox) Grandview 230 or Lopi Evergreen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Thatguy12

Aug 11, 2018
NY
I have never owned a wood burning stove before and have visited two stores multiple times now and searched through the forums. The two main contenders has come down to the Lopi Evergreen and the Ironstrike (Lennox) Grandview 230. I live in the Hudson Valley area of NY and my house is a colonial style just over 2000 sq ft. Thoughts (positives or negatives) on either one of them?

I have never owned a wood burning stove before and have visited two stores multiple times now and searched through the forums. The two main contenders has come down to the Lopi Evergreen and the Ironstrike (Lennox) Grandview 230. I live in the Hudson Valley area of NY and my house is a colonial style just over 2000 sq ft. Thoughts (positives or negatives) on either one of them?
A colonial floorplan can inhibit heat circulation due to rooms having doorways between rooms. It depends on the stove location but with a fan properly placed, heat circulation can sometimes be greatly increased, thus making it possible to heat more than just the stove room. In that case, a larger stove could be recommended for NY unless the house is very well insulated.