It Was (is) How Cold??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TX-L

Burning Hunk
Sep 1, 2010
Tug Hill State Forest, NY
After a low of -30::F last Friday morning, we experienced negative single digits with snow and wind, which gave way to clearing skies and calm winds Sunday night. This led to this beautiful meteorological culmination this morning. Although the King goes for 24 hrs, I ran the fan all night and set the stat just a little higher than normal, and I actually put two more pieces in the firebox this morning. Furnace has not run once in three years, even with these temps! :)

Feb 16 2015 Temp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!
That is really really really cold!

Last night was really windy, real temp of around 8 below. First night in two years that I got up and put wood on the stove at 2 am. I probably wouldn't have but the wind was waking me up every hour anyway, glad I did, still dropped to 64 inside, down from its normal mid 70s.

It's only -18::F here this morning, that's 17::F warmer than yesterday at this time! Better than the -29::F reported in Lake Placid this morning! The weather forecast says below 0::F for 6 of the next 7 nights.

Status
Not open for further replies.