It's 72 in the house tonight...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfglickman

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2012
NW CT
granted, it's only 55 outside...but I'm going to enjoy it as it is so rarely warmer inside than out!

We had our flues cleaned today for the first time since we started wood/pellet burning middle of last winter. The sweep really liked the XXV; he gave it a good once over with his super duper shopvac and spent some time admiring how easy it is to access things, in addition to looking great.

It's now set on low, 55 degree room temp, and yet still cranking away with a low flame with a bag of Green Supremes I got at the end of last season.

Thinking maybe something's not right with the thermostat....but anyway it's nice to have a fire again.

Figured I'd share the chimney sweep's comments in case it's helpful to anyone who's on the fence about the XXV. He's not a dealer, but he sees a fair number of pellet stoves in his line of work.

Can't wait for 2 ton delivery on Monday!

Are you in room temp auto or manual?

Is your distribution blower on?

Is your distribution blower on?

That would be...the fan? Yes. Low. And the flames are low. If I bump up the temperature, the blower blows more and the flames...flame more.

It sounds like your in stove mode rather than room temp mode. If it's 72 inside and you have the temp set for 55 and you're truly in room temp mode, the distribution blower (fan) should be off and the stove should shut down.

Where do you have your thermometer wire dealy? It can make all the difference.

FWIW, I also love my XXV. She kicked on earlier today and burned some of last season's pellets because my wife left the front door open, but I'm trying to hold out until 10/1 to rip open a bag for this heating season!

Status
Not open for further replies.