Jotul F3CB gasket help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beagler

Sep 9, 2007
I need to replace the door gasket on my Jotul. I am having a hard time finding a phone number for Jotul to ask about the proper size to buy. Does anyone have a customer service number for them, or know the gasket size? The manual says to use a 11/32ld that is 5 feet long. I can only find 5/8 and 1/2 at the hardware store. I have no clue what the 11/32ld stands for that the manual is describing.

I just did mine but threw the receipt away that had the size on it. I went to a Jotul dealer and brought a piece of the old one. It was not an odd or metric size, just a common size. Maybe call a local Jotul dealer and ask or cut off a piece and bring it to a reputable hearth shop that can help you. May as well check the glass gasket while you are at it.

3/8 inch is what a dealer told me. I called Jotul and they were no help at all. They would not connect me to a technician - instead they told me to call a dealer. I refuse to call or buy anything from the dealer that sold me my stove, so I had to call the next closest one (which is 2 hours away).

Do you recall how many feet you bought?

The manual says 5 feet, but I would rather throw out a foot extra, than the whole 5 feet because it was an inch short. Not to mention the stress from swearing and the gas to drive back to get 6 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.