Just bought Englander 13-NC, have a few ?'s

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobodyfresh

Sep 16, 2014
Maine
I just purchased and installed a englander 13-nc. Running my third fire through it and I had a few questions.

What should I be seeing for burn times?

Any tips on closing it up? So far I've been starting it with the door open slightly, once it's going after a few minutes I close the door with the intake open. Then dial it back roughly halfway and then after a bit all the way.

I tend to do the same thing after stoking it. Is this the right way to do it?

I have it setup on a tile hearth (floor and wall), with a double lined metalbestos type stove pipe going up to the roof. My old stove a Jotul didn't have any draft issues, so I'm hoping I won't really see any with this one.

This is the first stove I've had in about 20 years that had an intake that could be dialed back like this so I'm hoping I get everything right.

Any advice any one can give would be great. What I have used of it so far has been amazing.

One other question I just thought of. The stove top temp is usually 400-600 without the fan and 200-300 with the fan. I'm thinking that is normal as the fan would cool the top of the stove a bit?

It sounds like you are in the ballpark with your operation. After a bit of use you will fine tune things, I am sure. The 13 has been frequently reported to run about a 5 or 6 hour burn cycle.

One thing I would like to point out....When dealing with the hearth, are you aware that the 13 has a pretty high R requirement (insulation). Just making sure you took that into account.

It sounds like you are in the ballpark with your operation. After a bit of use you will fine tune things, I am sure. The 13 has been frequently reported to run about a 5 or 6 hour burn cycle.

One thing I would like to point out....When dealing with the hearth, are you aware that the 13 has a pretty high R requirement (insulation). Just making sure you took that into account.

Yeah I have made sure I built my hearth up to the specifications of the stove. As when I remodeled the kitchen this was the stove I had planned to purchase.

Reactions: Jags
Status
Not open for further replies.