Q&A Keeping Kids away from my Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have an large Atlanta Stove Works "Huntsman" stove. I also have a 2-year-old son. I need a childproof screen that will surround the stove on three sides- but all those screens I've found are too small. If you know of a screen or other product that can serve this function- I'd love to know. The minimum dimensions are 42" x 42" x 42". That's 42" out from the wall- then across 42" in front of the stove- then 42" back to the wall. That would give six to eight inches clearance all around. Thanks!

Answer:

Yes- there is a product called a Child Guard Screen...It does not go the full way back to the way. Your local retailer should have it. It's made by Century Screen.
Other companies make heavier-duty gate systems for protecting stoves and hearths. One manufacturer is Kidco.

Status
Not open for further replies.