Kioti DK4710SE HST

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We'll see if these post in order. Some more photos of the area I'm clearing. There's a story about the grapple that will hopefully become funny some day. I broke the relay board attached to the third function valve. It sticks out kind of far and this area was tighter before I took down another 8 trees. So right now it doesn't work and I can't take it off. The coupling is under too much pressure and I can't get it too release. I ordered the part already and I'm just waiting on UPS to deliver it to me. I'm trying to figure out how to shield this thing.

Attachments

• 20190414_185824.jpg
    20190414_185824.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 20190414_185824.jpg
    20190414_185824.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 228
  • 20190414_185837.jpg
    20190414_185837.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 208
  • 20190414_185936.jpg
    20190414_185936.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 20190414_190036.jpg
    20190414_190036.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 215
  • 20190414_190203.jpg
    20190414_190203.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 233
  • 20190414_190210.jpg
    20190414_190210.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: heavy hammer
Where is the relay board located, near the front or on the third function control itself?

Is that in front of your foot pedals for forward and reverse?

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceBus
Sorry to hear about the relay board how did it break a tree get it? Nice looking attachments looks like a fun project.

I put the stump grinder back on today after moving some trees I cut down. I probably have one or two more trees to fell in this spot. When my land plane comes in I'll level this spot. Eventually it be a parking area for my implements and tractor. Some day I'd like to put a barn up to keep everything dry.
Nice work @SpaceBus , the trails around the house were made for walking and then widened for the rhino and then made wider for the tractor, they're never wide enough.

The relay board is under the black plastic cover on the third function solenoid valve thing (technical terms). You can see it in photo 190210 and 190203, the bottom two photos in my most recent post above this one. A tree or my body caught it. I did not realize there were any sensitive parts on the valve, but now I know. Perhaps a piece of pool noodle foam would protect it?

More paths will happen in the future. I'm hoping that with the land plane and the chiller shredder I won't need any gravel or infill material. There's tons of rock in the soil. The attached photo isn't oriented in a convenient way but there's a piece of ledge in the bottom right area that I had to stop for on this stump. It's probably worn down enough to come out with the grapple when the new solenoid board comes in.

Attachments

• 20190414_190151.jpg
    20190414_190151.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 201
Reactions: thewoodlands
The relay board is under the black plastic cover on the third function solenoid valve thing (technical terms). You can see it in photo 190210 and 190203, the bottom two photos in my most recent post above this one. A tree or my body caught it. I did not realize there were any sensitive parts on the valve, but now I know. Perhaps a piece of pool noodle foam would protect it?

More paths will happen in the future. I'm hoping that with the land plane and the chiller shredder I won't need any gravel or infill material. There's tons of rock in the soil. The attached photo isn't oriented in a convenient way but there's a piece of ledge in the bottom right area that I had to stop for on this stump. It's probably worn down enough to come out with the grapple when the new solenoid board comes in.
Back on our property I do most of the firewood cutting on has a good base to the trails so I use bark,pine needles,leaves,chips and a few times even straw, it was all free except for the work on raking it up except for the straw we had against the foundation of the house but we don't use the straw anymore.

Here's the video!

About the '540e'. To go with that, you should have a two speed PTO lever. One is geared higher so max PTO speed is reached at lower engine RPMs - the '540e' spot. We had a Landini once upon a time that had that setup.

EDIT: Or, maybe the 2 speed PTO thing is an option you don't have, but they use the same tach for all models.

About the '540e'. To go with that, you should have a two speed PTO lever. One is geared higher so max PTO speed is reached at lower engine RPMs - the '540e' spot. We had a Landini once upon a time that had that setup.

EDIT: Or, maybe the 2 speed PTO thing is an option you don't have, but they use the same tach for all models.

Interesting, I'll reexamine the manual and see what I can glean. I don't recall there being a two speed PTO, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Either way, it shreds these soft wood stumps just fine at fairly low RPM.

Oh, now I see it's for the mid PTO. I thought originally this tractor was available with a mid mower deck because it has an option of Mid PTO. I wonder what it's for.

Could also be for European market and I think they do have two speed pto gearboxes

Oh, now I see it's for the mid PTO. I thought originally this tractor was available with a mid mower deck because it has an option of Mid PTO. I wonder what it's for.
Might also be for a front-mounted blower. Deere's use the same mid-PTO for mid-mount mower and front blower.

Might also be for a front-mounted blower. Deere's use the same mid-PTO for mid-mount mower and front blower.
I assumed it was hydraulically driven, but that makes way more sense. The more I learn about tractors the more I learn how much I don't know.

I assumed it was hydraulically driven, but that makes way more sense. The more I learn about tractors the more I learn how much I don't know.

Can’t speak for your model, but Deere CUTs of my vintage use the mid PTO for front mounted blower auger drive, and the loader hydraulics to lift blower and rotate chute.

I had some fun today with the nice weather and pulled some boulders out of my work area. Needless to say this was very fun. Unfortunately I do have a leak on one of the lines coming off the grapple and the other line won't come out of the fitting no matter what I do. I've tried releasing the pressure, multiple positions, tapping it with a rubber mallet, and it just won't let go. I called the dealer and a guy is coming by in the morning to check out the leak and stubborn fitting. Everything else is working flawlessly. I cut a few trees, winched them down, stacked them, and moved them with the grapple. The stump grinder is aweseome ballast, but quite long. I figured the winch would be plenty, but that huge rock was very heavy and I couldn't get it out of the uneven work area without the stump grinder. There's a few more large rocks I have my eye on and I want to rake the area to try and smooth it out a bit. Once the chipper shredder comes in I can backfill with chipped up branches.

Attachments

• 20190417_172618.jpg
    20190417_172618.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 20190417_174329.jpg
    20190417_174329.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 20190417_174420.jpg
    20190417_174420.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 20190417_174302.jpg
    20190417_174302.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 20190417_174315.jpg
    20190417_174315.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 182
I had some fun today with the nice weather and pulled some boulders out of my work area. Needless to say this was very fun. Unfortunately I do have a leak on one of the lines coming off the grapple and the other line won't come out of the fitting no matter what I do. I've tried releasing the pressure, multiple positions, tapping it with a rubber mallet, and it just won't let go. I called the dealer and a guy is coming by in the morning to check out the leak and stubborn fitting. Everything else is working flawlessly. I cut a few trees, winched them down, stacked them, and moved them with the grapple. The stump grinder is aweseome ballast, but quite long. I figured the winch would be plenty, but that huge rock was very heavy and I couldn't get it out of the uneven work area without the stump grinder. There's a few more large rocks I have my eye on and I want to rake the area to try and smooth it out a bit. Once the chipper shredder comes in I can backfill with chipped up branches.
Once your tractor was off, did you release the pressure by using your curl/uncurl function, you can also release the pressure by lowering or even raising the FEL , if that doesn't work you can take a crescent wrench to unloosen the fitting.

Once your tractor was off, did you release the pressure by using your curl/uncurl function, you can also release the pressure by lowering or even raising the FEL , if that doesn't work you can take a crescent wrench to unloosen the fitting.
I don't think I could have released any more pressure. I'd rather not have to remove the hose from the fitting every time. I've had pneumatic equipment give some resistance at the couplers, but they are much smaller.

I don't think I could have released any more pressure. I'd rather not have to remove the hose from the fitting every time. I've had pneumatic equipment give some resistance at the couplers, but they are much smaller.
You don't have to remove the hose from the fitting, where the quick release threads on just back it off some which should release the pressure, I had to do it once since we owned the tractor.

Usually lowering everything to the ground so to put it at rest, shutting down, then moving the levers back & forth will release any pressure enough to uncouple. If that won't do it, you might have a bad/sticky coupler.

Another thing that can cause problems with some implements and attachments is parking everything, then sun & heat hitting stuff after parked for some time. That can cause pressure to build up. But moving levers back & forth (with tractor still off) should get rid of that pressure too.

You don't have to remove the hose from the fitting, where the quick release threads on just back it off some which should release the pressure, I had to do it once since we owned the tractor.
Ah, gotcha. The dude from the dealer will be here soon with Hydraulic fluid. I would rather he do it since I did pay several dollars to this business to make this whole system work because they told me they could.

Ha, the coupler was a pull instead of a push! The dude tried the same thing I did and couldn't figure it out. Nobody suggested it on the phone when I called the dealer. At least nothing was broken. The leak was a hydraulic fitting that wasn't tight enough.

Just saw this thread. Very nice addition. I've had a Kioti CK27 HSTwith a backhoe since 2013 and it's amazing what you can do with them. I've found that pressure build up is a natural thing. Every time I park it, I just wiggle the FEL to release some of the pressure. I've also found that if the backhoe is detached for any length of time, hooking up the hydraulic lines can be a groan due to pressure build up on the tractor. Just part of the joy of owning another piece of equipment. Congrats.

Ha, the coupler was a pull instead of a push! The dude tried the same thing I did and couldn't figure it out. Nobody suggested it on the phone when I called the dealer. At least nothing was broken. The leak was a hydraulic fitting that wasn't tight enough.
;lol;lol

Just saw this thread. Very nice addition. I've had a Kioti CK27 HSTwith a backhoe since 2013 and it's amazing what you can do with them. I've found that pressure build up is a natural thing. Every time I park it, I just wiggle the FEL to release some of the pressure. I've also found that if the backhoe is detached for any length of time, hooking up the hydraulic lines can be a groan due to pressure build up on the tractor. Just part of the joy of owning another piece of equipment. Congrats.

I am looking forward to the backhoe. My dealer got me a quote with a mechanical thumb. I've just been clearing space for more equipment lately. I've felled and removed probably 30 trees in just a few weeks with the skidding winch. The last few days I've been playing with the grapple, mainly moving boulders.

Glad to hear it was something simple to correct. I have had a few leaks from fittings not being tight enough or the need for a little pipe tape. The joy of owning a new piece of equipment.

Glad to hear it was something simple to correct. I have had a few leaks from fittings not being tight enough or the need for a little pipe tape. The joy of owning a new piece of equipment.
I found a dribble after several hours of use. When I change the fluids I'll take the fitting apart and try again with some extra pipe tape.