Last of the log load, part 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one way to preserve your wood for posterity. Google sat images for my place are from 2006 to 2007.

PapaDave said:
Dave, it's funny you mention that. I was on one of the map sites that have sat pics. I put in my address and as usual there was my road, house, and in the back field when I zoomed.........wood stacks!
You can't really tell what they are from the sat pic, but...... I know. :coolsmile:
Obviously, the pics are recent because the last time I checked, they weren't in the pic and I started stacking back there in '08.

This spring google earth new sat picture of my place I could tell within 2 weeks of when the photo was taken.
the wood pile I'd just stacked & some shingle missing on the roof.
Amazing clarity & that's just the pictures they're allowed to show. Shadows even show approx. time of day.
I CSS the wood one week, the next week I did the shingles, Sat.pic was mid April between the 2 jobs
Google sat pic: 2 rows of birch bottom left, ; wood shed bottom middle,; black spot on house roof, shingles missing for a winter wind storm.

Attachments

• house 2011 april.jpg
    house 2011 april.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 245
lol, here is mine. After the new Strawberry bed went in this June but before the Oak score in August. Heap is in the upper right. First pic is from 5 years ago on a different website when I was building the top terrace of the garden and no wood ready for even that winter.

Thanks PapaDave, I'm feeling a lot better about progress now :)

Attachments

• 0611 google shot.jpg
    0611 google shot.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 0608 county shot.jpg
    0608 county shot.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 190
PapaDave said:
Pretty cool, yet at the same time a little disturbing that the sat can zoom in that close (probably closer).
I'll never be able to pee in the yard again. :lol:

LOL :lol:
I don't worry about that,
they'd need allot more zoom to see anything if they took a picture of me peeing. :lol:
They might see the yellow snow though.

bogydave said:
PapaDave said:

they'd need allot more zoom to see anything if they took a picture of me peeing. :lol:
So, you're saying you have a teenie weenie problem?

LLigetfa said:
bogydave said:
PapaDave said:

So, you're saying you have a teenie weenie problem?

When it's this cold out, things shrink. :lol:

Pretty sure mine was aerial unless they figured out how to peek in the windows from space.

PapaDave said:
I was in the pool!! I was in the pool!! :lol:

LOL
He had a pretty big shed over his too also.

Looks great Dave - what a spot! Cheers!

Hey NH_Wood, you had to dig a bit to find this thread.

Hey NH_Wood, you had to dig a bit to find this thread.

I referenced the link to show pics of Papa Dave's mile long straight stacks of wood yesterday when you were down playing your stacks. Couldn't find a pic of your perfect stacks & I think Papa D's stacks are awesome.

I agree Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.