Looking for advice on ALL of it

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing to consider if installing an old stove is clearances. Modern stove clearances on many stoves are much closer than the old stoves.

Reactions: wyndsurfr
It would be a big problem with DuraPlus - that is 10"OD. The SuperVent sold by Lowes is 8" OD but I still don't think it's going to work because the dimensions are the same.
that 10 inch stuff is actually what I'm thinking about.... just remove the 8 inch interior of the pipe and then everything will fit just right, still giving me my clearances to combustibles, etc.... should sit right down on the metal box floor and be supported just fine. Although, I plan to throw some calipers on the 8 inch stuff and see just how close it would be to run it inside..... anyhow, I'll figure it out tomorrow one way or the other.... definitely not going to rip up my roofing/tar paper/plywood only to replace it all when all I really have to worry about is supporting it from the inside...

I haven't forgotten or abandoned this thread, it's been raining pretty much non-stop so I haven't been able to clmib up on my roof to work on this critter... I bought 6 ft. of duravent from home depot because I think it'll fit the best...

Raining here too. Did you get the triple wall DuraVent product (10" OD)? If yes that is called DuraPlus pipe in case someone else asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.