• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Maybe you should go back and read what was said. I said that a BK can be operated like a wood gasifier, which it absolutely can be. I did not say that a BK stove is a wood gasifier by classification.
Enough.

Maybe you should go back and read what was said. I said that a BK can be operated like a wood gasifier, which it absolutely can be. I did not say that a BK stove is a wood gasifier by classification.
Actually what was said was:
or a stove designed to be operated as a wood gasifier like a BK for long burn cycles.
Is combustion engineering the current occupation? Based on my understanding, Vermont Castings (and some older Harman and Lopi) stoves are gasifiers. They pass the wood gas into a ceramic chamber where secondary air is added to combust the wood gases. I have not heard that term applied to a Blaze King design before.

Last edited:
I also would like to see the report of the early CAT death.