Lopi Insert Not Putting Off Heat?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Couldn’t agree more. All you need it dry wood. It took me a while to get properly seasoned wood. In my climate it takes oak 3 years split and stocked under a roof. I can guarantee you that there is no wood dealer who holds onto his wood split and stocked for 3 years before selling it.

All that time I was wondering how they have the glass nice and clean how can they have top down fire started. By the time my wood would get ignited it was time to reload it again. Stove would not throw any heat or bare minimum. Now with nice and dry wood I can take my house from 68 to 77-78 in a 30 degree weather on one load.