Lopi Revere Blower Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkySwooper

Oct 31, 2016
NorCal
I’m new to wood burning and we are loving our new Lopi Revere and the blower (~15 fires so far).

I’ve read many people say the blower on low is “near silent,” but mine is quite loud. There isn’t a rattle or any other sound to indicate the fan is broken, it just sounds like a really loud fan.

On my blower, turning the dial clockwise goes from Off, to High just after the click, and then is supposed to transition all the way to low on the other end of the dial. I’ve noticed that it transitions from High to Medium quickly (maybe a sixth of the way around the dial), but then the fan speed never changes after that, no matter how far I turn the dial.

Is this normal behavior? Is there a fix, or should I return the fan for a replacement?

Thanks!

It may be the fan motor control is defective. Can you visit the dealer and listen to some other Revere's blower for comparison?

We've enjoyed our Lopi Revere for about six years now, and your description of the blower sounds like something is wrong with your control. On high ours is loud enough that we only turn it up when we're not in the room. At about 3:00 position it's like an old box fan. By 6:00 it's barely noticeable. Every little adjustment changes the speed all the way around the dial.

I hope your dealer helps you out quickly so that you can enjoy your new stove even more.

Reactions: begreen
Thank you! I'm closing the loop on this thread, the dealer told me the behavior isn't normal, so I'm returning the blower later today for a replacement.

Good deal. Not sure how this is setup, but be sure the rheostat speed controller is returned with the blower.

Status
Not open for further replies.