Mmmmmm....BACON!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Isaac Carlson

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2012
NW Wisconsin
Just makin some bacon.

0C3F3F15-6ABF-4AE2-8802-0516FF244E53.jpeg

Reactions: patrickk222
__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__recipes__images__2012__03__20110320-198179-canadian-bacon-be5275637b1d493db3809760b2d31638.jpg

Now this is what I call bacon

Wife fried up some bacon for BLT's last week, set the smoke alarm off because the stove burner control went out and the burner stays on high then! One other burner was already acting up, so my BLT cost me $90 for 2 new control switches. Well, that and the $8 or so that the bacon cost too...some of which the cat got, because it was so burnt...and he didn't even want all of it! That's my makin bacon story for the week! ;lol

My cat only eats cordwood....

Goofy Canadians thinking that pork loin is bacon.;lol;)

PIG - (noun) - A magical creature that turns vegetables into bacon.

Edit: drooling over bacon (real or poser_g) is more of an inglenook post. Gonna slide it over there.

Reactions: Isaac Carlson
You're just jealous because we like our Bacon a little leaner and
doesn't, shrivel up to nothing when it's fried:);)
Besides the American Streaky bacon we can get now is sliced so thin it is see-through
unless you pay a small boatload of cash for thick slice which was at one time was how bacon was sliced

Last edited:
You're just jealous because we like our Bacon a little leaner and
doesn't, shrivel up to nothing when it's fried:);)
Besides the American Streaky bacon we can get now is sliced so thin it is see-through
unless you pay a small boatload of cash for thick slice which was at one time was how bacon was sliced
Luckily thick sliced bacon is $3.50 at the supermarket near me. 16oz! 😊

Luckily thick sliced bacon is $3.50 at the supermarket near me. 16oz! 😊
Here 13.2 oz or 375 grams on sale will cost 5:99
so you see why we eat Canadian Bacon at 3:00 per 500 grams
More bang for the buck

Here 13.2 oz or 375 grams on sale will cost 5:99
so you see why we eat Canadian Bacon at 3:00 per 500 grams
More bang for the buck
Other way around here. About $4.99 for 6oz of Canadian Bacon. My family likes eggs Benedict so sometimes I buy it.

Canada 🇨🇦 is great. Canadian Bacon, Moosehead beer, my Boston Bruins with my favorite Canadian players and not to mention my PE Vista stove 👍

Everything is better with bacon, I don’t like winter tomatoes no flavor make a BLO bacon lettuce and a thin slice of sweet onion!

C'mon man! Where's the rest of it?

Nothing like a little dead pig in the morning!
Now that we agree on.
I don't eat much of it to keep my veins clear, but I do like me some. It's a treat :)

Canada 🇨🇦 is great. Canadian Bacon, Moosehead beer, my Boston Bruins with my favorite Canadian players and not to mention my PE Vista stove 👍
I had to visit the financial district in Boston for work fairly often, and would occasionally go to a local bar between there any my hotel which I believe was a Hilton. Great clam chowder by a Russian chef btw, Im a chowder snob. Anyway, my co worker wanted to get me a cab to walk literally two blocks to my hotel because she thought I was going to get roughed up wearing a penguins jersey on my way to the bar there in the alley between my building and the hotel. It was also one of the first times I saw a homeless person sitting in the stoop of a back entrance of a building.
I got harassed like crazy walking in....OHHH WTF IS THIS GUY DOING! I laughed it off, and I enjoyed every minute at that bar. We lost btw. I had so many drinks bought for me, and I barely got to bed by like 3am. I love the bruins, I love the history. After all though teams are just full of mercenaries, but the fans...the fans are what make a team. That night I met some of the best fans of a sports team, and pickled my liver with them along side me.

BTW canadian bacon is ham. I hate to break it to you. There is such a distinct difference between REAL bacon and ham, it's incredible.
Canadian bacon is damn good too though, on a muffin with an egg on it.

BTW canadian bacon is ham. I hate to break it to you. There is such a distinct difference between REAL bacon and ham, it's incredible.
Canadian bacon is damn good too though, on a muffin with an egg on it.
From the Know all and end all
The Internet

Canadian Bacon vs. Ham​

Both Canadian bacon and ham come from pork and might look the same depending on the forms they take, but there are key differences. Here are points of consideration between the two meats:
  • Cut: The main difference between the two is that Canadian-style bacon comes from the back of the pig, and is a loin cut. Ham comes from the back legs or butt.
  • Preparation: Canadian bacon comes in both thick and thin slices. Ham comes in cubes, as thick slabs of meat, or even in slices. You can enjoy Canadian bacon and ham in dishes at breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner; however, Canadian bacon, like other types of bacon, is traditionally a breakfast food.
  • Preservation method: Ham is cured or smoked, while Canadian bacon undergoes brining, similar to other types of bacon, including peameal bacon, Irish bacon, English bacon, British bacon, and American bacon.
  • Nutritional value: Compared to each other, ham generally has more sodium and a higher amount of carbohydrates, while Canadian bacon has more protein and less cholesterol.
To each, his own but Canadian Bacon is NOT HAM, Maybe a very thin Pork Chop

Reactions: Wildflush