more free wood in CT all corners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2010
Southington CT
FREE FIREWOOD (Middlebury)

Date: 2011-03-25, 12:26PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

About 30 trees already dropped, brush is gone just need it taken away. First person who can remove it Saturday 3/26 is the winner. Call 203-996-4344

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Free Firewood, Maple, 5+ cords (Willimantic)

Date: 2011-03-25, 11:47AM EDT

5-10 cords left. Bring your truck and help yourself to whatever you can haul. Most in easy to manage18" lengths, some in rounds ready to be split with your maul.

Free firewood (northern Hamden)

Date: 2011-03-25, 10:32AM EDT

Greetings!

Did this past winter catch you off guard, exhaust your firewood supplies, and/or leave you out in the cold? There will still be cool evenings this spring, and next winter will arrive sooner than it seems, so stock up now! We have several storm damaged downed trees, which have lived their lives and are now ready to help heat your home. Tomorrow (Saturday, March 26) promises to be a beautiful, sunny day. You'll need to bring a chainsaw to cut to a size you can haul away.

To avoid spammers, please respond with your phone number where you can be reached. We will only answer requests containing a valid phone number. Also, please mention the time (after 10am) you would prefer to come.

We also have some seasoned cut-to-length wood for sale, if you are interested in something to use right away.

Thanks for your posts.

I'd take advantage of these local scores ,but I'm still needing to relocate my stacks to the back yard.
Split all of it in the driveway due to the deep snow this past winter, plan to move it all this weekend.

Where are you at in town? I'm on Marion Ave.

do not waste your time on the hamden gig, I got the only decent stuff outta there yesterday

I went there this morning to see what I would be dealing w/ when I could get back after my appt. Not a bad score, that's for sure. The maple was pretty much already dry. Some of the rounds were almost 4' across though. When I got back there around 1, another scrounger was already removing it. I still had a great day scrounging anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.